website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

But sure, continue your insinuations :yes

Dear Lord, it's not like he tried to kill you :d 

:yes

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Dunadan said:

by the way, i am ok if you or heywoodu organize a daily contest about the Vuelta or any other competition, if i' m allowed to partecipate.

No idea why you wouldn't be allowed to participate. Plus, I suppose that the next Grand Tour prediction contest, if one ever happens again, goes back to the logical way like it used to be instead of the utterly illogical one that this one turned out to be, which quite strongly favours people who go for some wild guesses.

Anyway, I'm sure someone will have had the right luck when guessing three weeks of stages and therefore win :)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

You didn't answer the part in which i asked you if you want to organize a contest. I asked you twice. My point is that if you want to make things more hard in terms of time needed, you should do a part of the work.

But sure, continue your insinuations :yes

No, I wouldn't be able to have it at present. I am stressing my opinion here, and not only my opinion apparently. That's well within the almighty rules of Totallympics btw.

You have two possibilities:

A) Everyone fills one big template at the start - When calculating points you either have to go through every post individually (plus needing to have an access to all sets of results at one time) or you have to scroll through very long posts just to check a certain section of the template.

B) Daily individual stages - Here you have much smaller posts through which you can scroll easily. And you are comparing predictions to just one set of results at a time.

There is no way that A is easier, in any case. Certainly not just because that's how it was this time.

#banbestmen

Sur 10/07/2017 at 18:49 , dcro a déclaré:

There is no extra work really. The same post at the beginning could have been used for the selected individual stages.

I don't think the problem here is extra work :d it's just about day-by-day posting which wasn't used for this contest (may be I could have mentioned that it's not allowed from the beginning to make it clearer ...I'll do it for sure in next contests ;)

Sur 10/07/2017 at 21:42 , dcro a déclaré:

You have two possibilities:

A) Everyone fills one big template at the start - When calculating points you either have to go through every post individually (plus needing to have an access to all sets of results at one time) or you have to scroll through very long posts just to check a certain section of the template.

B) Daily individual stages - Here you have much smaller posts through which you can scroll easily. And you are comparing predictions to just one set of results at a time.

There is no way that A is easier, in any case. Certainly not just because that's how it was this time.

May be you are right ! but you should understand I did it in a hurry so that we could have this contest :( I didn't wanna miss the Tour ! But next time we'll do it for events like this one !

AND PLEASE EVERYONE CALM DOWN DON'T GO KILLING EACH OTHER OVER A PREDICTION CONTEST :d

you have no idea how much time i have to post the results for both tennis and cycling and posting the next two or three contests :crazy::wacko::lol::mirror: