website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Another gold medal for @Dunadan at World Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships :hatoff:

Jesus :lol: :bowdown:

Also one :bowdown: for your counting work :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Jesus :lol: :bowdown:

Also one :bowdown: for your counting work :d 

I might introduce a rule for next season: winning a gold medal - next three contest to be missed :lol:

As I kept repeating myself last year - when I have free time, I can do my volunteer work. When I miss it, havoc occurs :d 

I am still really sorry and am ashamed (sort of) because of a mess from last year but I really wasn't able to finish the counting off. 

For next year, I have some plans and we will do things differently a bit. I might even open a thread in next few days to discuss changes/additions of rules, scoring systems, formats, spreadsheets and all other stuff concerning Prediction Contest. Also, I would like to have three standard members of "Prediction Contests Board" so we can update results regularly and establish Prediction Contests as reliable events on the forum and attract more users. Back in the old days, Prediction contests regularly had 50+ participants, with record of 130 participants for UEFA Euro 2012 (which I won :cool: and that was my first gold if I remember correctly). 

So, last and this years should be some sort of transition years; and starting with 2018 my intention is to have good schedule, much more contestants and regular updates :)

Edited by Wanderer

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I might introduce a rule for next season: winning a gold medal - next three contest to be missed :lol:

As I kept repeating myself last year - when I have free time, I can do my volunteer work. When I miss it, havoc occurs :d 

I am still really sorry and am ashamed (sort of) because of a mess from last year but I really wasn't able to finish the counting off. 

For next year, I have some plans and we will do things differently a bit. I might even open a thread in next few days to discuss changes/additions of rules, scoring systems, formats, spreadsheets and all other stuff concerning Prediction Contest. Also, I would like to have three standard members of "Prediction Contests Board" so we can update results regularly and establish Prediction Contests to reliable events on the forum and attract more users. Back in the old days, Prediction contests regularly had 50+ participants, with record of 130 participants for UEFA Euro 2012 (which I won :cool: and that was my first gold if I remember correctly). 

So, last and this years should be some sort of transition years; and starting with 2018 my intention is to have good schedule, much more contestants and regular updates :)

Sounds good! I definitely like tuniscof's enthousiasm in starting all these contests, but some help in counting so we actually know the results as well and actually have the added excitement is very welcome :p 

Also, very subtle mention of you beating 129 participants :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Where can i sign for @Dunadan to take every important decision instead of me. :d The way things are going, he will probably be a better me, than the real me. :lol: 

Like he needs a job, with his prediction skills he must be sitting on his private island somewhere in the ocean :p