website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

2020Contest4.png

As someone of you may notice, the start list for the Mixed Team Event doesn't reflect the real start list for this event. There was an uncertainty from my side about what type of team event there would be held this time. As the start list for the MIxed Team Event in the prediction contest doesn't reflect the event, it will not count for any points in the standing. As prediction manager, it is my responsibility to check things like this. I would like to apologize to all you for my mistake. 

2020Contest4.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wIND: Dolby
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wPOL: Monzanator 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wPOL: Speedy

@Dolby was second before the final day of the contest. But by predicting the gold and silver medallists correctly, he took the top spot on the podium. @Dolby wins his first medal of the year and India's second. Congratulation with the gold medal, @Dolby:champion::thumbup: 

@Monzanator was the leading man going in to the final day, but he had to see the gold medal go to Dolby. This must feel a bit as a disappointment for him. However, a very good contest from @Monzanator's side. He can be proud of his predictions overall. First medal of the season for @Monzanator and Poland's second this month. Well done! :thumbup:

What a month for the Polish predictiors! @Speedy secures Poland yet another medal. 8 correct predicted gold medallists paved the way to a podium place for @Speedy. It's his first medal this season and Poland's third medal this month. Well deserved, @Speedy. Congrats! :hatoff:

@PakoNatxo was close of winnning his first prediction contest medal. He has another shot in the track cycling WCHs prediction contest where he might end up with a medal. Good contest from @George_D. He was never in the top 3, but was around the top 5 throughout the most of the contest. One perfect prediction wasn't enough to win a medal this time for @Agger. The Dane will seek his luck in the track cycling WCHs prediction contest where he has a decent chance to take a medal.

Lastly, thanks to all who participated! The second prediction contest of the month has been concluded. Now only the third, and last, contest of the month is left. The track cycling contest will also has its conclusion today, so stay tuned for the final standing. 

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :)

videos pants GIF

I kinda noticed I achieve better prediction results in sports I don't follow on a daily basis. I haven't watched bobsleigh & skeleton since WOG 2018 :p Hell, I don't watch these events outside of the Olympics in general. If luge wasn't on ES, I wouldn't have watched this either!

2nd place is waaay above my expectations. The only bigger shock would be a medal in water polo predictions :lol:

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I kinda noticed I achieve better prediction results in sports I don't follow on a daily basis. I haven't watched bobsleigh & skeleton since WOG 2018 :p Hell, I don't watch these events outside of the Olympics in general. If luge wasn't on ES, I wouldn't have watched this either!

2nd place is waaay above my expectations. The only bigger shock would be a medal in water polo predictions :lol:

I don’t even know what is Skeleton and Bobsleigh. Only thing I know about Luge is Shiva Keshavan. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I don’t even know what is Skeleton and Bobsleigh. Only thing I know about Luge is Shiva Keshavan. :lol:

They’re sports where white dudes try to avoid killing themselves in awesome ways :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

image.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wFRA: toulousain 
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wITA: Dunadan 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wCRO: dcro

What a battle for the first place!

One point separated 1st and 2nd place. In the end, it was @toulousain who came out as the victor. The single perfect prediction in contest turned out to be very important. It's already @toulousain's second gold medal this year. He is the first to win two medals this season. A big congratulation once again, @toulousain! :champion::bowdown:

He was close to win yet another gold medal, but he had to stay in the 2nd position on the final day. When @Dunadan choose to participate in a prediction contest, he is almost guaranteed to win a medal. An impressive contest once again from his side. Likely not the last medal we will see @Dunadan win this season. Congrats and huge respect to you, @Dunadan!:hatoff:

@dcro follow in toulousain's footsteps, as he secures himself another medal this season. Many strong predictions from his hand brings him a well-deserved bronze medal in this contest. Second bronze medal this month. Congrats, @dcro! You can look back on a good month in Totallympics prediction contest for you. :thumbup:

@Agger and @PakoNatxo have been really close twice today of winning a medal. A bit of bad fortune for both of you. However, you can both be proud of two great contests. :) @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo continues a good season start with a terrific 5th place. @Monzanator didn't win his second medal today, but a marvelous final day place him in the upper tier for the second prediction contest of today. 

As usual, thanks to all who participated! A busy February has come to an end for the users. March has already begun, and the first month of the Spring for many users will be less crowded. Due to the ongoing worldwide spreading of COVID-19, many sport events have been cancelled or postponed. This has also affected some of the suggested predicton contests for March. At moment, we will have one prediction contest in March. The Prediction Group will discuss if it will be a Women's Curling WCH contest or a Figure Skating WCHs contest. You will be noticed soon. Lastly, I will update the General Standings and Medal Tables in one of the upcoming days. 

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :)

Billedresultat for track cycling gif

Another above-par showing for me in a sport I don't really follow :lol:  Picking medals for Netherlands and Germany (home advantage) actually worked ;) Also I managed to pick a gold for F.Ganna in the pursuit (which was probably obvious for a cycling fan but not for me :p ).