website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Then I'm very sorry, some strange way I noticed only until day 4... While that changes a lot. Today's final standing will include all the results then.

Thanks. Either way, I think I'm still gonna be at the bottom :p

image.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wNED: heywoodu
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wUSA: Olympian1010
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wSVK: hckosice

So, here's how it ends. Gold for @heywoodu which is no surprise as he was leading most of the time. Silver, also expected, for @Olympian1010 - our most youth and urban Totallympian. And the bronze to @hckosice - seems one of the best :SVK results at the Games.

First of all big apologies for all the mess with the cancelled questions and other problems. Especially big apologies to @vinipereira for not counting his answers since day 5 - you'd be very surprised with how close to the medal you were, until the Overal Questions were counted.

Then big thanks to all those who helped with running the Contest - @Wumo who helped with Water Polo, giving me more time with YOG, @Sindo for his technical help (still it seems I do something wrongly with the table format) and @Olympian1010 for the consulting of the questions, especially in the gramatical matter.

Though it was an unofficial contest, I really enjoyed preparing the new "youth and urban" format, although I must admit, managing the contest lead to thinking it was not very sustainable. I'm waiting for your feedback, how did you like the contest and do you want something similar for Tokyo 2020?

I quite liked this format. It would mind doing it for future multi-sports games, and I wouldn’t mind helping run it. I am a bit annoyed that @heywoodu beat me, especially since he’s not a fan of the YOGs :p. It’s still my best performance by miles to this date, so I can be happy about that. I also share the podium with two of my favorite users, so I can be happy about that. Other than that, I think the contest went well, and I’m good that a played.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

@Vojthas how it's possible that i had 0 points yesterday? :mumble:

You’re a shit predictor? :dunno:

:p:cool::lol:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela