website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

image.png

Provisional Standing after Day 8 available here

Dear Contestants! @hckosice@intoronto@George_D@Chatan@Olympian1010@Federer91@vinipereira@dcro@heywoodu@tuniscof

I need to ask you for apologies as we have quite a big controversy on my side. It is the case of question #47 - because of the wrong deadline it was possible (and that happened) to answer the question knowing, not predicting the answer. That was my mistake not to set up an earlier deadline, which I did in similar cases of other questions. My proposal is to cancel that question so that everybody get 0 points for that.

Another question, also connected with curling, is the question #67, where it says about round of 16, which firstly won't exist, as we have round of 24 and round of 12, secondly, the answer for what I meant, so the third round (in the case round of 12) is also known as two YOG medalist may play against each other in round of 24. That's obviously not predicted by me earlier on. That is also my proposal to cancel that question.

Once again, I ask you for apologies. And considering the fact that I'm both the manager and the contestant, I would like @Wumo who has an access to all the answers, including mine, to give his objective opinion on that matter as a more experienced Prediction Contest Manager.

@Vojthas

As some of the questions were not phrased correctly and deadlines were not placed at the right time, my recommendation would be to cancel the aforementioned questions. It's an unfortunate mistake, but those can occur. I hope there will be an understanding from the participants of the YOG 2020 contest to the decision on the matter. 

5 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Dear Contestants!

About the question #59 How many athletes from the Americas will win on the first day of Curling Mixed NOC Doubles?

There one USA/CAN pair competing today, do we count them as 1 (pair from Americas) or 2 (athletes from Americas) ?

5 hours ago, Wumo said:

@Vojthas

As some of the questions were not phrased correctly and deadlines were not placed at the right time, my recommendation would be to cancel the aforementioned questions. It's an unfortunate mistake, but those can occur. I hope there will be an understanding from the participants of the YOG 2020 contest to the decision on the matter. 

That depends. Does my lead increase of decrease because of this? :banana:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

About the question #59 How many athletes from the Americas will win on the first day of Curling Mixed NOC Doubles?

There one USA/CAN pair competing today, do we count them as 1 (pair from Americas) or 2 (athletes from Americas) ?

Two - the question says about athletes, not teams with athletes from Americas.