website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

2019Contest16.png

Prediction Contests Are Just-For-Fun Games

You don't need to be an expert to take part in a Prediction Contest. 

If a mistake penalizes you, always keep in mind that everyone is in good faith.

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019 is now OPEN

Good luck!

2019Contest15.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wPOL: Speedy
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wITA: Henry_Leon
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wHUN: Vektor

Let my start somewhere else this time. I wonder where @Wanderer is? :mumble: Maybe he wanders around in the mountains in New Zealand or Europe, or maybe just in his mind? :p

Okay back to the serious part.

First of all, sorry for the late entry list. It wasn't my plan to make it because I don't know much about Canoe and Kayak, but I felt we couldn't skip this contest, so I made one. Hopefully I had many of the favourites on the entry list. :) 

"Stop all of your babbling, wumo, and come to the medallists!" Okay, okay... Now it's time to say some few things about the medallists in this contest.

Poland didn't win any gold medals at these WCH, but luckily they grabbed the victory in Totallympics Prediction Contest. A strong last day for @Speedy made him go from 3rd to 1st! It is his second medal of the year and the first of gold. A big congratulation goes @Speedy for his well-deserved gold medal! :champion::thumbup::hatoff:

It was a disappointing WCH for Italy in Szeged, and maybe a certain Italian is also a bit disappointed. @Henry_Leon was 1st before the final day, but was, for him unfortunately, overtaken by Speedy on the last metres. However, he will probably be quite satisfied to win a nice silver medal to his prediction contest collection. Second of the year. His first was a bronze and now a silver medal. Maybe next time it will be gold? Congrats, @Henry_Leon, with the silver medal! :yes You don't have to be disappointed at all :cheer: 

And we have a new man on the podium! :cheer:This time Hungary is represented on the Totallympics Prediction Contest podium. A medal for @Vektor in his first prediction contest if I'm not mistaken? Fantastic achievement for the Hungarian. :thumbup: It's certainly something worth celebrating, even though, you likely went for gold. Congrats, @Vektor!  :clap:

A last mention goes to two users, @titicow and @heywoodu. They both had a good last day in the contest which secured them a 4th and a 5th place overall. Maybe we will see one or both of them on the podium in one the upcoming prediction contests? Only time can tell. 

Once again, here we are. Another contest is over and a new will begin soon, so stay tuned. It's going to be a busy autumn for users in Totallympics Prediction Contests. 

Finally, thanks to all who participated, and thanks for have taken the time to participate despite the late entry list. I hope @Wanderer will be back for the next contest. Sometimes he is more hidden than Waldo. :p

leaving see ya GIF Bye!

Edited by wumo26

Just now, wumo26 said:

A last mention goes to two users, @titicow and @heywoodu. They both had a good last day in the contest which secured them a 4th and a 5th place overall. Maybe we will see one or both of them on the podium in one the upcoming prediction contests? Only time can tell. 

I know maybe the names of three or four of the main athletes in this event and all I did was check last year's results :lol: Oh well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!