website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

@Finnator123 was the only one to predict Finland's win :bowdown: But of course, had to screw his medal chances with Czech Republic prediction :rolleyes: 

Would you kindly stop tagging me into these comments? :lol: :(:wall:

Jokes aside, I just predict for fun. I never medal at these things lol

2019Contest7.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wPOL: Vojthas
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wFIN: Finnator123
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wCAN: Topicmaster1010

What an end of the contest! It was exciting to follow the changes in the top three positions.

Almost like Game of Thrones, but here the winner is not that unexpected, since @Vojthas hold the position at one moment. This one is final, and brings him first gold medal in prediction contests if I remember well. Congratulation! :champion: 

And finally, after so many attempts, @Finnator123-I-never-medal-in-these-contests :d wins his first ever medal in Totallympics Prediction contests and first one for Finland after many years! On top of that, Finland won the World Championship! Many congratulations to Finland on gold and Finnator123 on silver medal! :bowdown: 

Canada won silver and @Topicmaster1010 was close to defend his title from last year, but being almost out of top 10 last two days, this result is excellent recovery! Congratulation on bronze medal :hatoff: 

@hckosice will wait for real hockey it seems, but luckily next year is Olympic year, so no need to wait 4 years for hockey world championship :d :hug: 

Thank you all who participated, and with this we are closing winter sports, and can turn on summer full of football! Women's FIFA World Cup prediction contest is already opened, so join in!

Yes, it's my first gold and second medal ever (the first one was at last year men's volleyball world champs, won thanks to my patriotic predicting for Polish gold since the beginning and despite a little crisis of our team in second round). But it's not my only lead in the contest - I was leading for one day after that "unexpected" win of Germany.

My winning tactic for a last day was simple - va banque, all or nothing - and thus I didn't predict the win of Canada.

BTW - have I told you I haven't seen a minute of this tournament? :)

Edited by Vojthas

3 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Yes, it's my first gold and second medal ever (the first one was at last year men's volleyball world champs, won thanks to my patriotic predicting for Polish gold since the beginning and despite a little crisis of our team in second round). But it's not my only lead in the contest - I was leading for one day after that "unexpected" win of Germany.

My winning tactic for a last day was simple - va banque, all or nothing - and thus I didn't predict the win of Canada.

BTW - have I told you I haven't seen a minute of this tournament? :)

No one can fool bestmen :evil:

curse ? maybe haha...nevermind, I did pretty well, leading the whole preliminary round from day 1 to 11, but the failure in Day 12 was too costly at the end. there was still a hope for medal but I meesed up everything today and lost a medal and even the top 6...but yep, it was still a fun run, maybe with better luck next time

yep, I should more focus on the field hockey in the future :lol:

congrats to the medalists and thank you @Wanderer for the hockey contests :hug:

11 hours ago, Finnator123 said:

@Wanderer I wasn't expecting that at all :clap:

Yay!! :cheer: 

But are you seriously saying that first in many years? Implying that a finn has won before? :mumble:

Yes, there was a guy (I guess) named sleepydude who won two golds in athletics worlds 2011 and athletics olympics in 2012. I cannot remember whether he/she succeeded to take medal at 2013 worlds. 

• 2 weeks later...