website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

Il 22/1/2019 Alle 15:54, Dunadan ha scritto:

Ok waiting for that...meanwhile I can help with re-checking something from 2018 (gymnastics? something else?) if it is needed. 

See @Wanderer: you ask for help and people are ready to help you, if you send the spreadsheet with the gymnastic predictions made by the users maybe Dunadan (it's nice to see you around I thought that you left the forum because you were tired of win without the chance to celebrate :)) can check and correct (because we already know that the current standing is wrong) it, he need the file because he can't see the others' predictions.

Because the last years were worse we can say that 2018 was better but for now it's still a bad publicity for the forum: this is a sport forum and there are tons of statistics about the various music contests and no correct standing for the sport predictions, what should new users think?

I appreciate the work you do and I know it's not an easy task the only thing I ask is: start only what you are 100% sure you are going to have time to handle properly, so for example if you already know that the overall standing is too strenuous don't start it, if another user want to handle it, we'll have the general standing otherwise we won't have it.

Honestly, i'm thankful there are any contests at all :dunno: And I think Wanderer has been wanting to quit for years but nobody has volunteered to fill his position.  I do think however that we should have scrapped the general standings thing years ago.

2 hours ago, Pablita said:

See @Wanderer: you ask for help and people are ready to help you, if you send the spreadsheet with the gymnastic predictions made by the users maybe Dunadan (it's nice to see you around I thought that you left the forum because you were tired of win without the chance to celebrate :)) can check and correct (because we already know that the current standing is wrong) it, he need the file because he can't see the others' predictions.

Because the last years were worse we can say that 2018 was better but for now it's still a bad publicity for the forum: this is a sport forum and there are tons of statistics about the various music contests and no correct standing for the sport predictions, what should new users think?

I appreciate the work you do and I know it's not an easy task the only thing I ask is: start only what you are 100% sure you are going to have time to handle properly, so for example if you already know that the overall standing is too strenuous don't start it, if another user want to handle it, we'll have the general standing otherwise we won't have it.

The thing is, I cannot foresee what may come up in the meantime. 

This year I will post only images for general standings cropped from excel, cause formatting the tables here is a nightmare, just to keep a statistics. Also, you know that we had thread on the old forum on complete medal record for every user and every country. 

When the forum went down, I lost my enthusiasm. 

I officially call for anyone who is willing to run prediction contests, and help with those that need to be checked. If someone is willing to the statistics, or post general standings, or anything - express your will. I mean, I am not the one with monopoly here. 

And yes, I wanted to quit several times, and I almost did it back in 2016/2017 - my life completely changed in August 2016, but I was too fond of this forum and some people here, and I found new motivation to run the contests again. I hope I won't lose it. Again.

3 hours ago, Pablita said:

If @Dunadan needs to see other users' predictions I can make him as a moderator of the section, let me know.

I agree @Wanderer is doing a great job and we should all say thank you to him for that :bowdown:

53 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

This year I will post only images for general standings cropped from excel, cause formatting the tables here is a nightmare, just to keep a statistics.

Formatting tables is not a nightmare, you just need to learn some tricks. I learnt them so if you copy-paste the tables here I would probably be able to put the right format very quickly :yes But I agree with LDOG that if it's too long to work on general standings it's better to get rid of them and maybe just have an all-time medal count which is much easier to keep.

53 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Also, you know that we had thread on the old forum on complete medal record for every user and every country. 

If you will ever need the past years statistics, you can still access 2011-2014 standings from here: 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

11 hours ago, Sindo said:

If @Dunadan needs to see other users' predictions I can make him as a moderator of the section, let me know.

I agree @Wanderer is doing a great job and we should all say thank you to him for that :bowdown:

Formatting tables is not a nightmare, you just need to learn some tricks. I learnt them so if you copy-paste the tables here I would probably be able to put the right format very quickly :yes But I agree with LDOG that if it's too long to work on general standings it's better to get rid of them and maybe just have an all-time medal count which is much easier to keep.

If you will ever need the past years statistics, you can still access 2011-2014 standings from here: 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Is there such archive for 2015?

58 minutes ago, dcro said:

Totallympics was really diverse back in those days...

How was the gender equality though?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!