website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

4 minuti fa, LDOG ha scritto:

Every time you comment here you have a bad day next :p

I was very lucky with public transport today. So lucky that to balance it, I needed a bad day at lab and a bad day on prediction contest :D

Just now, AlFHg said:

I was very lucky with public transport today. So lucky that to balance it, I needed a bad day at lab and a bad day on prediction contest :D

There is no bad day at lab unless you poison the people you love or you blow up something you like :p

Adesso, Wanderer ha scritto:

There is no bad day at lab unless you poison the people you love or you blow up something you like :p

Bad days come when you work on something that it is not working, it is clear that won’t work, but you still try because it cannot be possible it isn’t working :D

EDIT: and when you don’t like very much cinnamon, but your last chance is using cinnamic acid derivatives 

Edited by AlFHg

Just now, AlFHg said:

Bad days come when you work on something that it is not working, it is clear that won’t work, but you still try because it cannot be possible it isn’t working :D

EDIT: and when you don’t like very much cinnamon, but your last chance is using cinnamic acid derivatives 

For the first part - it cannot be bad day at lab, it's just your insanity, doing the same thing all over again and expecting different outcome :lol: 

For the second part - can I overtake the experiment? Cinnamon :hearts:  Unless you are really intolerant to the cinnamon, better doing that than working with sulfide derivatives from garlic :sick: Luckily those days are behind me, now I am playing with domino radical reactions (Bu3SnH, AIBN) :cheer: 

Btw, during next few weeks, we can start discussion on scoring systems and any general idea you have concerning prediction contests for 2019. The more of you join to discussion, the better.

In the meantime, proposed Calendar for 2019 is:

- Men's Handball IHF World Championship

- Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships

- Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships

- Biathlon IBU World Championships

- Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship

- Women's Football FIFA World Cup

- There are few continental football championships. You can use this period of time to express your interest in any

- Fencing FIE World Championships

- Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup

- Men's Rugby WR World Cup

- Athletics IAAF World Championships

- Canoe Sprint ICF World Championships

- Archery WA World Championships

There is a room for addition of several others, so I will leave that for discussion. 

Edited by Wanderer

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Btw, during next few weeks, we can start discussion on scoring systems and any general idea you have concerning prediction contests for 2019. The more of you join to discussion, the better.

In the meantime, proposed Calendar for 2019 is:

- Biathlon FIS World Championships

IBU won't like that you gave their sport to another federation :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And on what should be in the calendar: all world championships anyone has time for to organise, and continental championships in team sports :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

IBU won't like that you gave their sport to another federation :d 

I was going to quote you in that after reading it right now, but then I decided to scroll down. This made my day

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela