website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Men's doubles final. Or at least that is the match I coudn't find among the posts

Oh well I’m only 16th anyways. Thank You for hosting this awesome contest though, it kept me involved in the 2018 French Open

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2018Contest8.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :NZL Wanderer
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :ITA Pablita
5a91984c3d883_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy(2).jpg.cd039f740e6494aa5156e15a6bb109f8.jpg :CRO dcro

Can't remember the last time I won gold medal, and let alone a medal in tennis :cheer:  I was constantly under the pressure, especially with Pablita scoring big over the last few days. I reckon my Ninomiya/Hozumi pick made the final difference and good predicting for 3rd/4th round winners.

Congrats @Pablita on another silver medal, the tally just keep rising. :bowdown:

Well done to @dcro who entered day later and still managed to win a medal. And no - his point difference mainly came for the top halves of both men's and women's draws and not from the parts and matches which have already been played. Congratulation :hatoff:

Close finish for @Henry_Leon and @chrischi08, especially for the German who was in top 3 at some point too, but yet again went short at the end. Better luck next time :hug:

Thank you all for participation. I am yet to decide about the future of Tennis US Open prediction contest. This might be the last tennis prediction contest. At least as long as I am running them.

Onto FIFA World Cup!

Very happy for my second silver medal in a row and happier that I still first in the general standing (thanks to @Dunadan's absence)

Great job @Wanderer (keep the pace with the results and the schedule it's quite demanding) and congrats to @dcro

About the tennis contest I already told my opinion and I have been the only one to speak so I think that this should be the only tennis contest for this year.

20 hours ago, Pablita said:

About the tennis contest I already told my opinion and I have been the only one to speak so I think that this should be the only tennis contest for this year.

I had no idea there was a discussion about tennis contests :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!