website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Aside from that, why it says only men's ice hockey for the Winter olympics?

Sindo's proposal. As far as I am concerned, it can be both in one or only men's :dunno:   Dates for men's and women's games are up and down a bit.

hace 23 minutos, Wanderer said:

Sindo's proposal. As far as I am concerned, it can be both in one or only men's :dunno:   Dates for men's and women's games are up and down a bit.

We should have both honestly.

At least I would rather have both olympic tournaments than world championship (If I had to pick).

48 minut temu, Wanderer napisał:

We should have both men's and women's tournament at Olympic Games merged in one prediction contest, you know, gender equality :p

Edited by rybak

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

We should have both honestly.

At least I would rather have both olympic tournaments than world championship (If I had to pick).

It won't be problem at all to have both men's and women's ice hockey combined. Also, if there is anyone available to manage men's worlds, it can be included... 

This year, the emphasis is on WOG and regularity of the results. 

10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Hi everyone! Since the breaking down of the old Totallympics forum we had difficulties with Prediction Contests management throughout last two years. But the new year is approaching and we'll have to learn from experience. 

- the remaining results of old prediction contests will be posted by the end of the year (either by tuniscof or I'll do it myself)

:mumble: Really?  Will be possible "closed" two years of predictions in only one month?  Good luck !!!!! :fingers:

Missing from 2017:

• Tour de France
  • Judo WC
  • Afrobasket

Missing from Olympic Rio 2016:

• Basket
  • Handball
  • Swimming
  • Miscellaneous 1

I have a suggestion about the managing the contests: when there is a contest with more phases, is important have an updated ranking :evil: (not necessary every day or every two/three matches...... :wacko: ) but at least before the beginning of the Knockout Round (or when the contest have a second different part, like Tennis).

Isn't necessary (but is fun) during the contests where you predicted all the podiums  before the start of tournament.

Is better less contests but all updated.

I know that Olympic games are difficult to manage, but if there is a choice to do, is better have an updated ranking of Ice Hockey contests (Men & Women or Men + Women: both format are ok) than Skiing (Alpine; Nordic) or Biathlon: these contests are "closed" after the beginning.

Suggestion (already posted) Open the Contests some days before (at least the first page) can help people to participate, only one day before it is too late....... Women's Handball World Championship December 1st - December 17th

Edited by Henry_Leon

On 11/28/2017 at 00:41, Henry_Leon said:

:mumble: Really?  Will be possible "closed" two years of predictions in only one month?  Good luck !!!!! :fingers:

Missing from 2017:

• Tour de France
  • Judo WC
  • Afrobasket

Missing from Olympic Rio 2016:

• Basket
  • Handball
  • Swimming
  • Miscellaneous 1

The ones from 2017 will be closed for sure but I cannot guarantee for the ones from 2016. I thought someone posted results since I really had to leave the forum due to my private issues. I will try my best to finish them but won't promise anything.

On 11/28/2017 at 01:16, Henry_Leon said:

I have a suggestion about the managing the contests: when there is a contest with more phases, is important have an updated ranking :evil: (not necessary every day or every two/three matches...... :wacko: ) but at least before the beginning of the Knockout Round (or when the contest have a second different part, like Tennis).

Isn't necessary (but is fun) during the contests where you predicted all the podiums  before the start of tournament.

Is better less contests but all updated.

I know that Olympic games are difficult to manage, but if there is a choice to do, is better have an updated ranking of Ice Hockey contests (Men & Women or Men + Women: both format are ok) than Skiing (Alpine; Nordic) or Biathlon: these contests are "closed" after the beginning.

Suggestion (already posted) Open the Contests some days before (at least the first page) can help people to participate, only one day before it is too late....... Women's Handball World Championship December 1st - December 17th

That is the main goal for 2018 - to have regularly updated rankings especially for the knockout rounds since that brings more excitement and is interesting to follow. That is why we will have less prediction contests.

I think we'll still have separated Alpine and Nordic skiing since the format of those contests is much easier to manage.

Concerning women's handball WC, tuniscof told me he would open the contest but I guess he still has to solve some things in his life, so I believe no one would complain for the missing contest. 

And yes, it is will be implemented as well - for contest to be opened as early as possible :)