website statistics

Women's Volleyball Pan American Cup 2018

vinipereira

Brazil was destroyed by Dominican Republic at the semifinal. This team is embarrassing and I hope none of these players gets called to the main team (except, of course, the ones that are greatly missed: Dani Lins and Thaísa).

Anyway, Dominican Republic and USA will fight for gold and I don't wanna brag but...

On 09/07/2018 at 21:40, vinipereira said:

I think Dominican Republic has a better chance at the title - maybe USA even though they're also with a B team.

16 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Brazil was destroyed by Dominican Republic at the semifinal. This team is embarrassing and I hope none of these players gets called to the main team (except, of course, the ones that are greatly missed: Dani Lins and Thaísa).

Anyway, Dominican Republic and USA will fight for gold and I don't wanna brag but...

Honestly, I do not see any difference from these players to others like Monique, Macris, Rosamaria or maybe Amanda ... Our women's volleyball is very weak and will depend a lot on top players. We can win the world title, yes, but with our best team in 100% of the games.

15 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Honestly, I do not see any difference from these players to others like Monique, Macris, Rosamaria or maybe Amanda ... Our women's volleyball is very weak and will depend a lot on top players. We can win the world title, yes, but with our best team in 100% of the games.

Well, I agree, but between here and there I think there's a possibility to at least create a good group of players. What I do not believe, not in the slightest, is that Brazil can win the World Championship. We didn't with far better teams, so it will be hard to even reach semifinals now. USA and China are the favourites IMO.

And while we depend a lot on top players, most of the previous generation is gone anyway (as you know, Jaque just announced her retirement from the national team, and Garay asked to not be called), so we have to find a way to work with what we have at the moment.

Wow Canada beat Brazil! Even a win against their B team is an accomplishment. I am not sure how the Canadian women's performance improved drastically. Anyone know about the roster?

Also, Colombia beat Puerto Rico for fifth, meaning either Puerto Rico or Cuba are guaranteed to miss Lima 2019.