website statistics

Women's Volleyball Pan American Cup 2018

vinipereira

Apparently you have to pay 13 dollars to watch the matches :facepalm:

The first 5 teams will qualify for the Pan American Games. Brazil and USA are with B teams here, although Brazil has two Olympic champions that are returning after a long period of absence: Dani Lins (pregnancy) and Thaísa (hard injury that made her stop for more than a year). I'm curious to see in what shape they are since I feel we really need them for Worlds, especially Lins.

3 minutos atrás, vinipereira disse:

Brazil and USA are with B teams here

Wouldn't it be the perfect chance to test Tifanny as a player in the national team? Given the fourth place at the Nations League, the team needs her. Of course she will face backlash, but it's not like her life is super easy in our domestic league with a bunch of transphobic players.

9 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wouldn't it be the perfect chance to test Tifanny as a player in the national team? Given the fourth place at the Nations League, the team needs her. Of course she will face backlash, but it's not like her life is super easy in our domestic league with a bunch of transphobic players.

Well, of course. I don't think she's a player for the A team yet, but could work in a competition like that. Zé Roberto already said he wouldn't have a problem to see her join the team, but it goes beyond that. FIVB still hasn't allowed her to participate in international competitions, but is studying her and other cases. How long this will take is still uknown at the moment, and as some players like Tandara already said they're against the idea, I don't know if she's has a real chance to join the team.

Not only we had problems with the rain yesterday (3 to 4 hour delay), but also 3 matches ended 3-2, which of course was terrible for the organization. The last match of the day (Peru vs Dominican Republic) started way past midnight, and ended past 2AM local time.

Two kinda surprising results: Mexico 3-0 win over Argentina, and Cuba 3-2 win over USA - I know the americans are here with a B team, but it's been more than 10 years that Cuba won against them!