website statistics

Basketball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

il y a 7 minutes, George_D a déclaré:

this was our worst game in last 6 years. Italy probably will be in Olympics fairly. Serbia also. And France probably (although i would prefer to see also Canada)

I am disappointed because I love the Greek team ... no water polo female or male basketball ..

Well, Puerto Rico again.

Hm, I would thought that Latvia and Czechs would be stronger opponents with this Puerto Rico roster, but.. Euro players are tired, Czechs didn't look like they did last summer, they spent only 3 or 4 days together prior to this tournament. Vesely is very tired, it was very notable.

So, if Puerto Rico doesn't have one of the best shooting performances ever with guys like Barea, Aroyo, Vasallo shooting lights out (which they are capable don't get me wrong) we will be in Rio. One more game, I don't want to sound too optimistic but I am inclined it will be a blowout rather than close game. But, hey, everyting is possible.

Just now, Benolympique said:

I am disappointed because I love the Greek team ... no water polo female or male basketball ..

our female water polo team is in decline. Our male basketball team has much potential but for 3rd straight year at the crucial knockout match we couldnt win. We had also some absences (Printezis, Sloukas) but of course this can not be an excuse since Croatia also had its own ones (Tomic)

9 hours ago, hckosice said:

No team sport for Czechs this time. very disappointing end of a streak. 2000 mens football (it was a awesome edition with both CZE and SVK participating in the tournament but unfortunately because the games were in september both teams had to send only their "C teams", because clubs didn´t allowed to send the players whch in fact qualified both nations to Sydney), 2004, 2008 and 2012 womens basketball..but well honestly it was expected against Serbia, but still sad

It wasn't C team in 2000. It was A team without some stars - maybe B team :-) it is very difficult to qualify to olympic games in team sport for european countries nowadays. Some continents for example oceania or Africa have guaranteed spots. We were the closest for qualify in football. But the same as in 2008 and 2012, we lost in final qualification match. I think that the biggest chance to qualify in future will have our women basketball team or nobody. :-)