website statistics

Basketball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

29 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I'm worried I hope spain shalt not disqualified ..

No, no reason to worry. It would be suicide by FIBA to ban all those nations, so it wont happen. Olympic tournament would be completely senseless otherwise ...

In my opinion the probability that you get disqualified in mens water polo was/is higher ... :p

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

45 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

No, no reason to worry. It would be suicide by FIBA to ban all those nations, so it wont happen. Olympic tournament would be completely senseless otherwise ...

In my opinion the probability that you get disqualified in mens water polo was/is higher ... :p

You're too bad :lol: 

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I don't really follow basketball. They are threatening to kick out nations from Olympics/European championships because of some stupid club competition?

Actually Croatia wil be disqualifed but i don't know if Croatia Federation sign an accord whit the clubs (how the Italian Federation)

This is not how normal adult people should settle this. Especially with their status. Not only are they hurting their image with this drama, they are also hurting the sport that they are supposed to be representing. What they are doing is wrong and there's no easy way to put it. Also, they're probably doing that because of money, but at least they could have prohibited the players of the clubs to join the national squads. In Lithuania, everyone is actually ashamed that we are giving in to FIBA's demands and we're still not certain if they won't drop us from ECH / Olympics. We already had to drop our second best team out of the national league to appeal to the FIBA gods.

59 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

You're too bad :lol: 

What do you mean? I think the probability that the french team in mens water polo will get disqualified is about 0,000001% and its even less likely that the french team in mens basketball will get eliminated. I didnt watch the water polo match France vs. Canada, so i cant say anything about the behavior of the french team, but i just think it would be completely childish to disqualify them and i am sure that it wont happen. I have nothing against the french team and i am sure that both french teams will play in Rio. FIBA can decide whatever they want, but i would be shocked if IOC would really allow them to disqualify a team from Rio. In the end it will be either all teams or no tournament at all, so there is only one real option ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.