Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Athletics IAAF Under 20 World Championships 2018

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Hopefully Bhutan is finally ready to send someone to the Olympics who isn't looking for the bullseye. :p

I hope not, I still find it amazing how a country like Bhutan has most of their semi-decent athletes in a sport that is actually quite challenging :d (whereas simply running is something every healthy human can do)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

we have one finalist in 1500 :woot:

10th :ALG in Final of 10.000 not bad , excellent results for Africans in lead 

today 3 finals and 3 Gold for Africa :clap:

table of medals

Rank Country          Total
1 Kenya KENYA 2         0     0       2
2 South Africa SOUTH AFRICA 1 0     0       1
3 Ethiopia ETHIOPIA 0 1     2       3
4 Uganda UGANDA 0 1       0       1
4 United States UNITED STATES 0 1     0       1
6 Greece GREECE 0 0     1       1

For Croatia today one final (Discus), one PB/NR U 20 (3000m steeple) and one very dissaponting result (long Jump)

Ironically, on the day of women's discus qualification, I just watched Agnė Jonkutė throw 48m+ for the standard literally at the same time when qualification group A was going on :d What a way to miss out :p

India does not have a live stream for the championship when we are sure to have our first track world champion in any category here . :(

20 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I hope not, I still find it amazing how a country like Bhutan has most of their semi-decent athletes in a sport that is actually quite challenging :d (whereas simply running is something every healthy human can do)

Bhutan is a high altitude place and training here helps to have higher RBC count even when tiring which then helps in other competitions. So Bhutan should have been having few middle or long  distance runners at least but due to poverty they won't be able to do so. In fact India has built their 1st synthetic track and Indian team is training there for Asian games. 

OMG, what a wonderful start to the U20 Championships for Lithuania :LTU:clap: Galvydytė after a season of injuries managed to take the third qualifying spot in the final heat of the 400m. Hurdles and Okulič-Kazarinaitė went through as the 5th fastest qualifier. Nobody here would have bet on a semi-final for both :p

HT. Kokhan. The hammer hit the gates but it's still a Q mark :lol:

Really sad because of Vasylevskiy's false start at 110mH :cry: I was so ready for the new NU20R.

What a win for Tanaka :bowdown: