website statistics

Athletics IAAF Under 20 World Championships 2018

bestmen

On 7/9/2018 at 17:51, hckosice said:

for :SVK  9 athletes (1+8 !!!) and 3 of the girls will compete only in the relay :lol:  ofc no big expectations, one final would be huge, the biggest chance should be for Gabriela Gajanová, 2 times bronze medalist at last years European Juniors and two years back at U18 Europeans in 800m

Men:

Adrián Baran (Shot Put)

Women:

Emma Zapletalová (400m or 400m Hurdles  +  4 x 400 m Relay)

Gabriela Gajanová (800 m)

Monika Zavilinská (High Jump)

Hana Burzalová (10 000 m Race Walk)

Ema Hačundová (10 000 m Race Walk)

Miriam Cidoríková (4 x 400 m Relay)

Mária Šimlovičová (4 x 400 m Relay)

Sophia Zápotočná (4 x 400 m Relay)

and she did it. Qualified for the Final with a new pb. Congrats Gabriela :cheer:

Gajanov%C3%A1_Gabriela-semifin%C3%A1le-f

Unfortunately it wasn't just a spasm and Makukh is out of the season with a strain((

Скрытый текст

mxU4tWp.jpg

1 час назад, Werloc сказал:

The real question is if Shukh is going to be a gold medalist before even starting the Heptathlon tomorrow :mumble:

Not sure about her Heptathlon result. Imo, she could have been in a better shape this season.

Edited by Xander

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

My worryings came to life :cry: Gold in JT is a nice compensation and she didn't look that injured during 100mH so I hope it's nothing serious. Most def no Berlin for her though.

IAAF said it's a hamstring injury.

3 минуты назад, Werloc сказал:

IAAF said it's a hamstring injury.

I know. But it depends of what exactly she has got - inflamation or a strain etc. If she was able to run 100mH I don't think it's something  serious :dunno:

Makukh had a strain and we all saw how it ended on track for him ;)

Edited by Xander

I don't know what happened in Heptathlon. It said that Bačianskaitė jumped 1.65 in XO, then after all the other ladies finished that height, the live results were stuck and after a good 7-8 minutes, Bačianskaitė was now XXX on 1.65. I do not understand what happened, but that completely killed our Heptathlete's chances at a PB.

16 ore fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

Sadly no surprise in women's javellin, our girls are 4th and 5th :(

actually, that's a really disappointing result for Visca...she has almost 57m as her PB...yesterday she should have won with margin, but I guess she's just another promising youth class athlete who can't even make a decent transition to the junior level (not even counting how many of those can't make it to the senior level)...:facepalm::wall: