website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

The US has entries in every woman’s event and an entry in the men’s extreme. At least according to the ICF. 

I am seeing that now.

This sport is likely going to be dropped from future Pan American Games imo. There isn't the demand for it unfortunately 

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am seeing that now.

This sport is likely going to be dropped from future Pan American Games imo. There isn't the demand for it unfortunately 

Right, unless they can get the ICF to make it the Continental qualification for the Olympics again. However, I don’t get the feeling that PanAm Sports wants to cut it, so it may stay for a while. Hopefully there’s more interest at the next games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, intoronto said:

I am seeing that now.

Also, most Pan Am nations don't have a venue for this, and to make one is kinda expensive - and maybe useless in some cases?

I haven't seen a single image of the Lima canoe slalom venue so far, which may be an indication that it's delayed.

11 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Also, most Pan Am nations don't have a venue for this, and to make one is kinda expensive - and maybe useless in some cases?

I haven't seen a single image of the Lima canoe slalom venue so far, which may be an indication that it's delayed.

Well Canada used a natural venue, I think most nations would be capable of that. Peru definitely has a least one river that meets the requirements I would imagine, same for Chile.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I thought they were using a natural river?

The qualification event was supposed to be there but they withdrew and its probably because its delayed like you are suggesting.

Toronto 2015's canoe slalom course had 0 images till the competition started...

Just now, intoronto said:

I thought they were using a natural river?

The qualification event was supposed to be there but they withdrew and its probably because its delayed like you are suggesting.

I quite liked the course there too. (So did Casey)

21 minutes ago, intoronto said:

And during competition too :p

Spoiler

jk

I think this was one of the many sports without broadcast? I remember that I wanted to watch the competition but in the end I could only get the online results.

Just now, vinipereira said:

And during competition too :p

Hide contents

jk

I think this was one of the many sports without broadcast? I remember that I wanted to watch the competition but in the end I could only get the online results.

You didn’t look in the right place. If you’ve got 25-35 free minutes I recommend watching though...

30 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well Canada used a natural venue, I think most nations would be capable of that. Peru definitely has a least one river that meets the requirements I would imagine, same for Chile.

I knew about the other nations but I've never seen a canoe competition in Peru (I see now that the competition should be held in Cañete river).

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

You didn’t look in the right place. If you’ve got 25-35 free minutes I recommend watching though...

Sportv (brazilian tv) had only 2 channels for the Games, so the choices were limited, in part because many sports weren't in the official broadcast service (like Handball, which we could only watch the final thanks to the argentine tv).