website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

I'd argue Panama and Colombia are comparable with Nicaragua in terms of talent. Any reason why the Dominican Republic is not competing? That would help balance the groups a bit. If not, we are looking at Chile, Aruba or some Central American nation.

29 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'd argue Panama and Colombia are comparable with Nicaragua in terms of talent. Any reason why the Dominican Republic is not competing? That would help balance the groups a bit. If not, we are looking at Chile, Aruba or some Central American nation.

Canada, Brazil + USA were automatic

The other 5 were from the CAC games who did not qualify, which left DR as the only non-qualifier. Id imagine they will replace USA now.

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

:USA has withdrawn from the baseball qualifiers because "they do not like the timing of the event" :facepalm:

And I don’t like the timing of snowstorms during my ski trip, but we don’t always get what we want USA Baseball. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

:USA has withdrawn from the baseball qualifiers because "they do not like the timing of the event" :facepalm:

The qualifier groups

A: :CAN:MEX:BRA:NCA

B: :PAN:VEN:COL +1 tbd

A has 3 really good teams, while B only has one now :facepalm:

I’m calling it, the eighth team will be St. Lucia or Bermuda and they will qualify for the games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Modern Pentathlon

:ARG +4
:BOL +2
:BRA +4
:CAN +3
:CHI +1
:CUB +2
:DOM +1
:ECU +1
:GUA +4
:MEX +4
:PER +1
:USA +3
:URU +1
:VEN +1

Surfing

:ARG +8
:BAR +1
:BRA +7
:CAN +6
:CHI +5
:COL +4
:CRC +7
:DOM +1
:ECU +7
:ESA +2
:MEX +5
:PUR +7
:USA +1
:URU +2
:VEN +3

@intoronto any news about Racquetball and Skateboarding quotas?

Do you have a source for surfing?

No news so far in skateboarding, but it looks like it was a poorly attended qualification event (no Canada or USA).

Racquetball has awarded only two spots per gender so far, with Argentina and Bolivia each receiving two spots.

Edited by intoronto

In track and field, the top finisher in each event (minus the relays, which are top two) at the South American and Central American and Caribbean Games along with the NACAC championships qualify automatically.

So that means:

:IVB +1

:GRN +1

:BAH +1 

+ more

Which leaves 4 teams left to qualify:

:SKN Prediction: Will compete in just track and field + wild card in taekwondo

:VIN Prediction: Will compete in just track and field + wild card in taekwondo

:HAI Prediction: Will have a small team composed of many sports. 

:DMA Prediction: Smallest team of all countries. 

Edited by intoronto