website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

Just now, intoronto said:

11th*

DR just sneaked into 10th

Damn, that lost gold from Cesar de Cesare in K1-200 would secured the top 10 or the barely lost final in W Surf in the last wave for the local girl.. but still very good games overall for them

Brazil ends with 171 medals (55 45 71). Our record for most medals in one edition (previously was 157 in 2007) and most golds (52 also from 2007) + our best place in the medal table.

Nice results even though this means very little in terms of Olympic prospects. Still, I think Brazil can reach 15-20 medals in Tokyo.

Wow and the games are now over in terms of events, what a long two weeks!! What an enjoyably games these were. Too thinking these were not going to happen just a few years ago to a very successful games.

Canada finished with 152 medals, 35 gold. Some of the performances were frustrating to watch, but overall I think the performance is good considering the quality of the team. 

Onward to Santiago 2023 (preceded by Cali 2021 for the inaugural Youth Pan American Games).

Mexico in third place with its best performance by far (37 gold, 36 silver and 63 bronze medals) with the highest total in Pan American Games history, so for me these were a great Games to follow.

But all in all, I think Pan Am Sports needs to restructure the Games and its events. I understand each edition they try to give away some medals to the host country... but in true, I think what must be done before adding events just to increase numbers, is to reinforce participation in those events in the Olympic program, and then, those who are popular across the continent.

WOW!

The closing ceremony media guide has already been publicized!

https://www.lima2019.pe/sites/default/files/2019-08/MEDIA-GUIDE-ENGLISH-78.pdf

I am surprised they would do that. Speaking from experience, the Toronto 2015 media guides were under embargoes and if caught publishing before the ceremony, you risked losing your accreditation.