website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

10 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Equestrian shouldn't be in Pan Ams or Olympics.  Unpopular opinion.  But don't get me started on what should and shouldn't be in the Olympics.  (Let's just say I hear CRICKETs).  

No please... Cricket is the most anachronical sport in the world, and it exemplies what I mostly dislike in British culture: obnoxious, snob, imperialistic and boring

Just now, orangeman said:

I wanted to say Boxing has to go, but it's an Olympic sport so I left it.  

Well, the IOC has to vote out a core sport after Tokyo 2020. Everyone seems to think it’s down to Boxing or Weightlifting.

If Weightlifting gets voted out. It will come right back in. If Boxing goes, then things get interesting. I think the favorites to take it’s spot would be Sport Climbing, Surfing, Roller Sports, and Karate. Squash should also be considered, but I fear it will be overlooked again. Realistically, based off my personal criteria, Karate should be the next core sport (even though I personally don’t like it).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

No please... Cricket is the most anachronical sport in the world, and it exemplies what I mostly dislike in British culture: obnoxious, snob, imperialistic and boring

I don't think he meant cricket. Its an expression in the English language. When you say "I hear crickets" it means no one is speaking up to a certain opinion/situation. 

Just now, intoronto said:

I don't think he meant cricket. Its an expression in the English language. When you say "I hear crickets" it means no one is speaking up to a certain opinion/situation. 

Oh I didn't knew that... thanks for explaining.

Just now, intoronto said:

Actually, I meant is as both, a homophone.  I think there's a shortened version of cricket that could be considered for the SOG, to include South Asia more.  There's more pressing issues, but that's one that I think could be discussed more.  

23 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Neither Baseball/Softball nor Cricket should be in the Olympics. There’s quarter of the world that loves each, a quarter that doesn’t care, but will watch, and half that doesn’t even know the other exists.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I wouldn’t be shocked if a few American athletes protest on the Tokyo podiums next year. Currently the political climate for it in the US is right.

Edited by Olympian1010

Are any other Canadians having trouble with the CBC swimming feed?

Yes. Watching via Claro

Actually, I meant is as both, a homophone.  I think there's a shortened version of cricket that could be considered for the SOG, to include South Asia more.  There's more pressing issues, but that's one that I think could be discussed more.