website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

34 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Another team sport gold for Argentina? :d

Brazil, the US and Chile are strong in Polo too.

46 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Please don't tell me all those surf events (except open), poomsae (tae kwon do), kata (karate),basque pelota (except frontenis and trinquete rubber ball) and bodybuilding are guaranteed a place :fingers:

The SUP events are a joke, Poomsae is terrible and Karate (in general) is very uninteresting. Basque Pelota is very weird, but at least it has some ties with Spanish-speaking America (even though the origin of the sport is Europe). Bodybuilding is hilariously bad. I thought it would be terrible but it far surpassed my worst nightmares.

I would like to see Lacrosse added to the program, Polo would be a big no from me (I hate any sport where they use horses) and I would completely drop Trampoline from the program. Even I hate trampoline gymnastics, and this says a lot. I would not mind Parkour as an experimental sport in the program, though.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Justo ahora, thiago_simoes dijo:

If it's played without limitations of player level Argentina has no opponent (I'm guessing that probably wouldn't be the case though).

In fact Polo was kicked out of the olympics because Argentina won too easily.

28 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

So in addition to being a bodybuilder, you have to dance and do some gymnastics :woot:

26 minutes ago, intoronto said:

ITU will add it as a new discipline before long 

I think she’s also displaying and premiering the new ISSF dress code. I don’t see any red X’s :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

With gold medals in Judo and Karate, Brazil now tied its best result ever (52). Brazil four medals away of surpassing our best result ever (157).

*actually only 2 medals to our best result ever:

Rio 2007: 52 40 65

Lima 2019: 52 39 65

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

The SUP events are a joke, Poomsae is terrible and Karate (in general) is very uninteresting. Basque Pelota is very weird, but at least it has some ties with Spanish-speaking America (even though the origin of the sport is Europe). Bodybuilding is hilariously bad. I thought it would be terrible but it far surpassed my worst nightmares.

I would like to see Lacrosse added to the program, Polo would be a big no from me (I hate any sport where they use horses) and I would completely drop Trampoline from the program. Even I hate trampoline gymnastics, and this says a lot. I would not mind Parkour as an experimental sport in the program, though.

I like Trampoline, so boo :p. I agree with the first paragraph. I do quite like Jumping, Cross Country, and Endurance within Equestrian so it’s not all bad. I would not except the addition of FIG’s pirated version of the sport. Parkour is NOT Gymnastics (Free-Running may be, but not Parkour). I would except Parkour if it was run by the correct international federation, Parkour Earth.

Fun Fact: Parkour (once again, not free-running) is actually classified as a martial art. It’s founding principles and code make it eligible to be classified as such.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela