website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

So apparently Argentina lost its women's basketball match against Colombia because they went with the wrong uniform color (blue, instead of white). As they lost the first match, they're now eliminated.

What the actual fuck??? :wall:

6 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

That was a little scary.

I was wondering if this had ever happened in a big event, but now there's proof. Stupid sport to have at the Pan Ams, with a stupid venue (really, anything made of glass should be far, far away from any playing field). 

Bolivia just can't get a gold medal at the Pan Ams, not even in Racquetball. I've lost all hope in a gold medal for Bolivia and Paraguay, and a medal at all for Aruba, for that matter (unless something crazy happens in sailing, or maybe even in swimming).

Edited by thiago_simoes

14 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I was wondering if this had ever happened in a big event, but now there's proof. Stupid sport to have at the Pan Ams, with a stupid venue (really, anything made of glass should be far, far away from any playing field). 

Well this didn’t happen in Squash and they play in an all glass Centre court

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

That was a little scary.

Yeah just saw the replay on Facebook. People seemed super concerned for his well being (I believe he ended up finishing the match). I’ve never seen that before and the commentator sounded like he hadn’t either. It’s one of the dangers of the sport though. I used to play on outdoor courts and now I’m glad I did.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well this didn’t happen in Squash and they play in an all glass Centre court

The glass used for squash is thick plexiglass, I believe. It's clear that in this instance, it was a thin layer of glass that you'd find on the entrance of most squash or racquetball courts.

58 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

It was extremely close to being dropped (along with roller sports) at Toronto 2015, as the OC was looking ways to cut costs. I'd imagine if it did, there would be no racquetball here as well

12 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It was extremely close to being dropped (along with roller sports) at Toronto 2015, as the OC was looking ways to cut costs. I'd imagine if it did, there would be no racquetball here as well

Roller Sports doesn’t even cost that much. If you don’t want to build a stadium, have the road events instead (I think that’s what Toronto 2015 actually did). All you need is convention center like place for Artistic Skating and a few roads for Speed.