website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

Even though he's on the list (and would be one of the biggest stars in the Games), Justin Gatlin won't go to Lima anymore. Don't think he'll be replaced, so that makes 642 athletes for USA.

I didn’t even see his name on there, where did you see that he won’t go

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I didn’t even see his name on there, where did you see that he won’t go

Brazilian site asked his agent, who said he will focus on World Championships. It's not a great loss since he would only compete in the relay, but the organizing committee must be pissed.

43 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Brazilian site asked his agent, who said he will focus on World Championships. It's not a great loss since he would only compete in the relay, but the organizing committee must be pissed.

Yeah that sucks for them, but there are plenty of other successful Olympians at the games to highlight.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

#banbestmen

35 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Also Mexico with two withdrawals, one of them Juan Luis Barrios in men's 10,000m where he had a chance to add another medal to his count :( 

Official number for Mexico is 541.

And lets keep this train moving... two of :CAN athletes withdrew, McBride (800m, possible gold medal favourite) + Ellenwood in the heptathlon. 

2 hours ago, dcro said:

And the number already drops to 642... Endel Ots had to withdrew, and it's too late to ship the reserve.

http://dressage-news.com/2019/07/21/injury-to-lucky-strike-ridden-by-endel-ots-forces-withdrawal-from-usa-pan-american-games-team/

641 actually. Gatlin isn’t going either.

14 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

The other one also in Athletics?

Not sure... I think it could be in cycling or karate. Those are the sports which I noticed are using less athletes than those qualified.