website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

I hate that the US refuses to take these games seriously. I’m glad that a lot of our lesser known athletes get to be in the limelight, but this is getting ridiculous :facepalm: 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I would really like to make myself clear that the podcast crew could really use one more person to help us during the games. @LDOG @NearPup @bmo @Rdbc @thiago_simoes

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

How the hell are there left over swimming quotas?

They increased it because of demand in 2015 but there wasn't the demand this time. Canada used 20 less, Peru used 6 less then its allocation and right there we pretty much meet the quota.

1 hour ago, ofan said:

Surfing venue looks cool. It's nice to get a little preview of what an Olympic-like surfing venue will look like. I still wish Tokyo was building one of these though :D :

Image result for olympic surfing venue

It’s a pretty strong consensus among surfing fans that a wave pool should be a last resort for a competition like the Olympics.

40 minutes ago, intoronto said:

They increased it because of demand in 2015 but there wasn't the demand this time. Canada used 20 less, Peru used 6 less then its allocation and right there we pretty much meet the quota.

Time for a rendition of the following:

So I’d like, if possible, to create a list broadcasters for various reasons.

:ARG: TYC Sports

:BRA: Record TV/Sportv 

:MEX: Marco Claro 

:USA: ESPN

I’m still in need of the others @intoronto @vinipereira @LDOG @carivan @Laraja @NearPup

Edited by Olympian1010