website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

hace 22 minutos, Olympian1010 dijo:

So what sports will we see A (top) level athletes competing in (like a majority of A level athletes)?

I guess all except swimming, artistic gymnastics, surf, basketball, football, volleyball, beach volleyball, road cycling, men baseball, tennis and golf.

In athletics, rowing and canoeing it's only USA and Canada not taking the best but they are the dominant countries in those sports.

13 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I guess all except swimming, artistic gymnastics, surf, basketball, football, volleyball, beach volleyball, road cycling, men baseball, tennis and golf.

In athletics, rowing and canoeing it's only USA and Canada not taking the best but they are the dominant countries in those sports.

In artistic gymnastics, only the US will not send their best gymnasts. In women's artistic, Biles will miss the event, but the other gymnasts are either from their A or B team, so the level will be good. In men's artistic gymnastics all of the guys are relatively unknown, but they seem to be decent. The other teams will be the best of the best.

Justo ahora, thiago_simoes dijo:

In artistic gymnastics, only the US will not send their best gymnasts. In women's artistic, Biles will miss the event, but the other gymnasts are either from their A or B team, so the level will be good. In men's artistic gymnastics all of the guys are relatively unknown, but they seem to be decent. The other teams will be the best of the best.

Yes, but there are many injuries from top level gymnasts I think? I say it's not a great competition at this point.

Just now, LDOG said:

Yes, but there are many injuries from top level gymnasts I think? I say it's not a great competition at this point.

I understand your point, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do about the injuries. Calvo, Gonzales, Andrade and Moreno will be missed, but the level will still be high even without them.

By the way, has Molinari retired? I hope he hasn't. All I want from this event if for him to earn a medal. 

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

I think the surf event may see some pretty good level competition (at least at the Pan Am level) from my understanding.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, intoronto said:

I just saw the results interface for Lima 2019, and lets just say this will be very good. Its the same as Toronto 2015 with Lima 2019 branding ofc.

Yes! I was a big fan of the Toronto 2015 results website. It was very good to say the least.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

ESPN will offer major coverage (maybe even full?) of the games!!! I’m so excited that they’re finally taking this event seriously. I can’t wait to watch with my fellow American fans @bmo @dezbee2008 @catgamer @Rdbc @Maxim Fastovsky