website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

31 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It looks like we have our first official team announcement. :IVB will have 4 athletes.

https://bvinews.com/four-locals-qualify-for-2019-pan-am-games/

A) I didn’t know BVI almost won a softball bronze :yikes:

B) That a team with some gold medal chances. For only four people, I’d say their chances are better than ever.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Final swimming quotas (not including open water). @vinipereira Entries close tomorrow, so if any changes happen, its likely a team's size is smaller. About 24 quota spots are still missing and I am not sure if they will be allocated.

:ANT +2

:ARG +17

:ARU +3 

:BAH +10

:BAR +5 

:BER +3

:BOL +4

:BRA +35

:CAN +16

:CAY +3

:CHI +9 

:COL +14

:CRC +3

:CUB +12

:DOM +2

:ECU +9

:ESA +3

:GRN +2

:GUA +4

:GUY +2

:HAI +2

:HON +7

:JAM +2 

:MEX +22

:NCA +4

:PAN +9

:PAR +9

:PER +30

:PUR +7

:LCA +1

:VIN +2

:SUR +2

:TTO +6

:USA +36

:URU +5

:VEN +21

:ISV +3 

=326

On 25/06/2019 at 23:32, Olympian1010 said:

A) I didn’t know BVI almost won a softball bronze :yikes:

B) That a team with some gold medal chances. For only four people, I’d say their chances are better than ever.

McMaster not winning gold would be rather disappointing, assuming Benjamin won't compete.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

McMaster not winning gold would be rather disappointing, assuming Benjamin won't compete.

Malone has a decent chance at a medal too, while Henry could always create a surprise.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Some positive news about the last Pan American Games in 2015:

2015 Pan American Games Under Budget by $38 Million

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/2015-pan-american-games-under-budget-by-38-million-814232400.html

:MEX MEXICAN DELEGATION :MEX

543 competitors, 296 men & 247 women in all sports in the program except baseball.

Still, many sports ran not so transparent selection process, the most notable diving, but also irregularities in swimming, fencing & athletics, and to a lesser extent, cycling, artistic gymnastics & men's tennis

The goal is again to surpass 23 gold medals, which is the biggest number obtained outside Mexico (at the 1995 & 2015).