website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Any predictions for medal table top 10?

1. Dominica 2. Cayman Islands 3. Paraguay 4. Belize 5. Grenada 6. Honduras 7. Nicaragua 8. Uruguay 9. Guyana 10. Aruba

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

1. Usa 2.Brazil 3.Cuba 4. Canada 5.Colombia 6.Mexico 7.Argentina 8.Venezuela 9.Chile 10.Ecuador

Peru will definitely be in top 10. Wouldn't be surprised to see Venezuela out.

Brazil, Canada and Cuba will be very close? Colombia and Mexico for 5th place seems accurate but I would give the edge to Mexico.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Peru will definitely be in top 10. Wouldn't be surprised to see Venezuela out.

Brazil, Canada and Cuba will be very close? Colombia and Mexico for 5th place seems accurate but I would give the edge to Mexico.

I think Colombia will be 4th, Canada 5th, Mexico 6th.

Another sport Canada is not sending its A team, is triathlon as its team was confirmed today.

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

I think Colombia will be 4th, Canada 5th, Mexico 6th.

How is this possible? Colombia will probably not win any gold medals in gymnastics, they have zero chances in swimming and I don't think they will earn more than one gold medal in judo. Judo, gymnastics and swimming alone could give up to 10 gold medals to Canada, if everything goes well.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

How is this possible? Colombia will probably not win any gold medals in gymnastics, they have zero chances in swimming and I don't think they will earn more than one gold medal in judo. Judo, gymnastics and swimming alone could give up to 10 gold medals to Canada, if everything goes well.

I suppose so, but swimming I predict 0 golds for Canada. Canada's swim team is quite young and is the "C" team. Colombia has drastically improved in the last decade and its going to be close.

10 hours ago, intoronto said:

Final golf quotas:

:PER +4

:ARG +4

:BRA +4

:CAN +4

:CHI +4

:COL +4

:CRC +2 

:DOM +4

:ECU +2

:GUA +4

:MEX +4  

:PAN +4

:PAR +4

:PUR +4 

:USA +4 

:URU +4

:VEN +4  

Forgot to include :VEN  @vinipereira

It looks like they didn't follow the qualification system as some countries got 2 quotas, without 2 golfers. Bizarre.

Until more roosters are revealed, I will reserve more detailed predictions, but here's my thoughts:

1st: USA

2-3: Brazil/Cuba

4: Canada, depending on how many "B" and "C" teams they'll be sending, but they could drop to 5th

5-6: Mexico/Colombia

7: Argentina

8-10: A lot of possibilites; my guesses are Venezuela, Chile & Peru as hosts, but the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico & Ecuador could finish there as well.