website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

@vinipereira May I ask about these sub threads for the Pan Am Games? I would prefer to just talk about the event in this the thread. I don’t know if that’s the opinion of other users. I understand that you guys do that so the thread doesn’t get super long, but I’m ok with it being long. I like to back through a read the threads after the games and it would easier to do that if it was all in one place. Plus, I just makes it me convenient (at least for) to talk about it in one thread. The other threads just seem unneeded to me, but maybe you can provide me with information that states otherwise?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@vinipereira May I ask about these sub threads for the Pan Am Games? I would prefer to just talk about the event in this the thread. I don’t know if that’s the opinion of other users. I understand that you guys do that so the thread doesn’t get super long, but I’m ok with it being long. I like to back through a read the threads after the games and it would easier to do that if it was all in one place. Plus, I just makes it me convenient (at least for) to talk about it in one thread. The other threads just seem unneeded to me, but maybe you can provide me with information that states otherwise?

We're opening threads for the sports that are Olympic qualifiers (direct quotas), plus Athletics, Gymnastics and Swimming.

I think it's better to discuss some of the sports (at least the big ones) in their threads, and that has been a request from some users in past events.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

We're opening threads for the sports that are Olympic qualifiers (direct quotas), plus Athletics, Gymnastics and Swimming.

I think it's better to discuss some of the sports (at least the big ones) in their threads, and that has been a request from some users in past events.

Alright the top part makes sense to me, and I accept the bottom part. At least there’s a method to this madness then...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Excellent plan. I'd like to read about athletics and swimming, but don't feel like having to work through pages and pages filled with sports I (in this case) don't much care about in order to do so :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Basketball pots

Men:
United States - Argentina
Mexico - Puerto Rico
Dominican Republic - Venezuela
Uruguay - Virgin Islands

Women
United States - Canada
Brazil - Argentina
Puerto Rico - Colombia
Virgin Islands - Paraguay

Draw Results for the Men’s Basketball Tournament of the Pan American Games:
Group A: Puerto Rico, USA, Virgin Islands, Venezuela
Group B: Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Dominican Republic

Draw Results for the Women’s Basketball Tournament of the Pan American Games:
Group A: Canada, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, Brazil
Group B: USA, Colombia, Virgin Islands, Argentina

Source:http://www.fiba.basketball/news/draw-results-in-for-the-basketball-tournaments-of-the-pan-american-games-2019

Edited by intoronto

22 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Draw Results for the Men’s Basketball Tournament of the Pan American Games:
Group A: Puerto Rico, USA, Virgin Islands, Venezuela
Group B: Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Dominican Republic

I think that, given certain conditions, Mexico has a chance to make it to semis this time.

On 10/05/2019 at 06:18, intoronto said:

Not sure, but I'd imagine that would be the case. As you may know Pan Am Cycling is horrible with this kind of information.

----

Final entry list for Table Tennis qualification tournament. Also confirms :CAN, not :GUA qualified a men's team @mrv86

:HON has a 67 year old! :hyper:

And he has managed to qualify in the first KO :bowdown: Great for Honduras!!

Also Panama got a place in men’s, while Ecuador got 2 quotas in women’s @hckosice