website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

I doubt Argentina will send anyone to the swimming world championships. We only have two swimmers that could realistically make semifinals there and nothing more. Every athlete has to win medals in Lima to keep their funding for the next 4 years, so for most of these swimmers it's just not worth the travel around the globe to just get a 26th place that won't give them anything and may also contribute to finish their hopes of a career in the sport. 

With the current government our athletes live in full survival mode and the pressure on many of them (at least on the ones that don't have any hope of a olympic medal or diploma next year) for this pan am games is huge.  

Bowling

:BER +2

:PAN +2 

@vinipereira

Also tomorrow is the Entry by number deadline, which is when countries must submit a list of athletes they think they will qualify + confim the athletes already qualified.

Edited by intoronto

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Bowling

:BER +2

:PAN +2 

@vinipereira

Also tomorrow is the Entry by number deadline, which is when countries must submit a list of athletes they think they will qualify + confim the athletes already qualified.

Also this weekend Slalom canoe qualification is taking place in Brazil.

On 25/04/2019 at 22:51, mrv86 said:

Also this weekend Slalom canoe qualification is taking place in Brazil.

Canada only sent one athlete and the USA has no one there it appears. So every country competing should get a quota it appears, including :BOL and :PAR 

59 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Canada only sent one athlete and the USA has no one there it appears. So every country competing should get a quota it appears, including :BOL and :PAR 

Well I know Casey told me that he choose to focus on the World Championships instead. I don’t know why we wouldn’t send a team though...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well I know Casey told me that he choose to focus on the World Championships instead. I don’t know why we wouldn’t send a team though...

Money? It's not the cheapest to send a team from Canada/USA to South America (and again for the Pan American Games)

3 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Money? It's not the cheapest to send a team from Canada/USA to South America (and again for the Pan American Games)

True, It’s just that it would be 4 easy medals for us to win (save men’s c1 maybe)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

True, It’s just that it would be 4 easy medals for us to win (save men’s c1 maybe)

It's not like the US needs more medals :p

Too bad they aren't using the Pan American Games as the continental qualifier like they did in 2016

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

It's not like the US needs more medals :p

Too bad they aren't using the Pan American Games as the continental qualifier like they did in 2016

No I want all the medals! :mad:

That right there explains why our team isn’t going though. There’s really nothing for them (especially since someone like Casey already won a gold medal)

7 hours ago, intoronto said:

The US has entries in every woman’s event and an entry in the men’s extreme. At least according to the ICF.