website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

8 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

The lyrics are corny but the rhythm is catchy. I'm baffled the video shows literally two seconds of rhythmic gymnastics and no footage from the trampoline competition at all. 

IIRC the latter two were not "live produced" by the host broadcaster. Rhythmic was done by Brazilian tv, but I guess there was no tv stream for trampoline, IDR.

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

IIRC the latter two were not "live produced" by the host broadcaster. Rhythmic was done by Brazilian tv, but I guess there was no tv stream for trampoline, IDR.

Blasphemy! Although I did notice when looking at ESPN’s old stream schedule, that the host broadcaster didn’t actually broadcast that much. Hopefully Peru’s Broadcasts everything so I can have no life for 2 weeks.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Blasphemy! Although I did notice when looking at ESPN’s old stream schedule, that the host broadcaster didn’t actually broadcast that much. Hopefully Peru’s Broadcasts everything so I can have no life for 2 weeks.

Yea a lot of sports missed out on in live broadcasting. It was probably the worst thing about the games. Only a few sports were broadcast live.

IIRC for ex Argentinian tv had to produce handball finals, they also had the worst angle for canoeing etc.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I'm worried about rhythmic gymnastics now. Peru has a decent shot at a medal in artistic gymnastics on men's vault and a very outside chance on men's floor, so I guess everything will be broadcasted. But in rhythmic gymnastics they have zero chance of a medal, so I hope they don't simply skip most of it. 

14 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm worried about rhythmic gymnastics now. Peru has a decent shot at a medal in artistic gymnastics on men's vault and a very outside chance on men's floor, so I guess everything will be broadcasted. But in rhythmic gymnastics they have zero chance of a medal, so I hope they don't simply skip most of it. 

I don't think they will. This seems like a sport people like to watch even when they have no knowledge of it?

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Rhythmic is scheduled to be shown live afaik!

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Rhythmic is scheduled to be shown live afaik!

How do you know the broadcast schedule already, I looked for one the other day, but couldn’t find it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I don't think they will. This seems like a sport people like to watch even when they have no knowledge of it?

Rhythmic gymnastics? I very strongly doubt that. Much like dressage for example, if you have no knowledge of it you've got no idea what the hell is going on. At least in sports like swimming or athletics one can simply see who finished first or jumped the highest or something. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!