website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

I know... I hope for the next cycle they allow the territories and "regions d'outre-mer" to compete in this event, like CACSO did last year for Barranquilla.

That's the end plan, the Central American and Caribbean Games was a test. Whether the change happens for 2023 is debatable.

On 04/04/2019 at 21:18, mrv86 said:

Archery

:ARG +4

:BRA +4

:CAN +6

:CUB +3

:DOM +1

:ECU +3

:ESA +1

:PER +1

:VEN +3

I’m not sure why Peru’s been given that additional women’s quota. I don’t know how the reallocation (or allocation) rules work here, but Paraguay was the 5th best unqualified nation in the women’s recurve. It’d be a real shame if they lost the quota according to World Archery because of a typo or some other confusion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not sure why Peru’s been given that additional women’s quota. I don’t know how the reallocation (or allocation) rules work here, but Paraguay was the 5th best unqualified nation in the women’s recurve. It’d be a real shame if they lost the quota according to World Archery because of a typo or some other confusion.

Peru didn't qualify a full team, they were only awarded one quota per recurve event.

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Peru didn't qualify a full team, they were only awarded one quota per recurve event.

No, they were awarded an additional individual recurve quota at the 2nd qualifier. However, Paraguay (who is unqualified) placed higher. The same happened in the compound events at the second 2nd qualifier. 

As I was typing this I had a thought. Is there a  MQS. If so do you think it’s possible some of the better places unqualified nations didn’t have it?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, they were awarded an additional individual recurve quota at the 2nd qualifier. However, Paraguay (who is unqualified) placed higher. The same happened in the compound events at the second 2nd qualifier. 

As I was typing this I had a thought. Is there a  MQS. If so do you think it’s possible some of the better places unqualified nations didn’t have it?

Peru was fifth and got the last spot. http://www.ianseo.net/TourData/2019/5335/IFRWQ.php

Just now, intoronto said:

Peru was fifth and got the last spot. http://www.ianseo.net/TourData/2019/5335/IFRWQ.php

That’s odd, World Archery shows some very different results.