website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

4 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Well, somebody must have this info, cause a while back I saw an article in portuguese saying that Brazil had qualified (so far) 7 athletes in Road/Track and that's exactly the number presented in the table.

Anyway, the qualification document says "The Pan American Cycling Confederation (COPACI) Continental Federation (CF) will confirm to Panam Sports and NOCs the places they have qualified, by January 15th, 2019." So maybe they already have this info? Can you e-mail them? :p

Anyway, when we have the list, I will separate the quotas of Road/Track in the first page and correct the mistakes.

Like I said earlier, COPACI is the worst continental or international federation for information lol

29 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Made up in that there is no info to suggest how many quotas per event (sprint Keirin etc.). So if that is not published, how are the qualified teams known?

No, PASO just gives countries a limited amount of quotas to enter both the road and track disciplines. I believe it is free entry as long as Country has a quota (Athlete may participate in as many events as they want). At least that’s my understanding from past years and the qualification doc

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

COPACI confirmed the quotas for Cycling (pending only 1 BMX Freestyle quota in Women's that will go to Mexico, Colombia, Chile or Uruguay).

Wikipedia projections were mostly right except for Trinidad that actually has much more quotas than predicted. I've corrected everything in the first page.

Like @Olympian1010 said, I guess the nations will be free regarding the athlete's placements in Road/Track events.

22 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

COPACI confirmed the quotas for Cycling (pending only 1 BMX Freestyle quota in Women's that will go to Mexico, Colombia, Chile or Uruguay).

Wikipedia projections were mostly right except for Trinidad that actually has much more quotas than predicted. I've corrected everything in the first page.

Like @Olympian1010 said, I guess the nations will be free regarding the athlete's placements in Road/Track events.

Belize was screwed :(

37 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Quotas don’t leave a lot of room for a good track cycling competition

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Lightning Sailing

:BRA +3

:COL +3

Damn! That’s some extreme sailing :p

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Good. Peru will get less embarrassed. :p

But I still have to watch them compete, which counts as torture under international law