website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Thanks!

Getting info is quite hard!

Wikipedia has a summary of the Surfing qualification: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfing_at_the_2019_Pan_American_Games_–_Qualification

I think the 2019 ISA World Longboard Championships is the only competition left to complete the qualification.

Not a big fan of the way cycling quotas are handled.

Also, are the quotas on the Wikipedia page correct?

@intoronto

@vinipereira

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not a big fan of the way cycling quotas are handled.

Also, are the quotas on the Wikipedia page correct?

@intoronto

@vinipereira

BMX/MTB appears to be right, but impossible to know for road/track. The qualification system does not specify how quotas are distributed by event, and Wikipedia looks to be a pure guess at this point. 

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

BMX/MTB appears to be right, but impossible to know for road/track. The qualification system does not specify how quotas are distributed by event, and Wikipedia looks to be a pure guess at this point. 

Thanks, I thought it was odd that there was just all of sudden quotas there. Although, I’m sure it’s close to right. The editor who wrote it (sportsfan 1234) (I think) is generally in the know it seems. He always seems to understand every freakin detail about every multi-sports games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Thanks, I thought it was odd that there was just all of sudden quotas there. Although, I’m sure it’s close to right. The editor who wrote it (sportsfan 1234) (I think) is generally in the know it seems. He always seems to understand every freakin detail about every multi-sports games.

Well for road and track cycling, we can say that it's made up lol

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Well for road and track cycling, we can say that it's made up lol

I don't think so. Wikipedia has the combined results, which seem accurate

What is missing is a clarification of which quotas are "Road" and which ones are "Track", which I guess we will have soon with a confirmation by COPACI since the qualification system doesn't specify it like you said.

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I don't think so. Wikipedia has the combined results, which seem accurate

What is missing is a clarification of which quotas are "Road" and which ones are "Track", which I guess we will have soon with a confirmation by COPACI since the qualification system doesn't specify it like you said.

Made up in that there is no info to suggest how many quotas per event (sprint Keirin etc.). So if that is not published, how are the qualified teams known?

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Made up in that there is no info to suggest how many quotas per event (sprint Keirin etc.). So if that is not published, how are the qualified teams known?

Well, somebody must have this info, cause a while back I saw an article in portuguese saying that Brazil had qualified (so far) 7 athletes in Road/Track and that's exactly the number presented in the table.

Anyway, the qualification document says "The Pan American Cycling Confederation (COPACI) Continental Federation (CF) will confirm to Panam Sports and NOCs the places they have qualified, by January 15th, 2019." So maybe they already have this info? Can you e-mail them? :p

Anyway, when we have the list, I will separate the quotas of Road/Track in the first page and correct the mistakes.