website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

10 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

In rhythmic gymnastics, qualified nations are:

Individual: :USA (2) :MEX (2) :BRA (2) :CAN (2) :COL (2) :ARG (2) :PUR (1) :VEN (1) :CUB (1) :CHI (1)

Groups: :MEX:USA:BRA and three other groups (complete results are nowhere to be found at the moment).

I believe :PER will also receive one quota in individual and maybe one for the group event as well.

How are ties broken? Colombia, Argentina and Cuba's top 2 athletes = 33 ranked combined.

1 minuto atrás, intoronto disse:

How are ties broken? Colombia, Argentina and Cuba's top 2 athletes = 33 ranked combined.

As far as I know, nations that finished 1-6 in the team event qualify 2 gymnasts, and the 4 best gymnasts from non-qualified nations in the individual all-around event qualify as an individual (1 per nation). The host nation, according to the Spanish version of the official qualification document, will receive additional quotas (in the plural) if not qualified otherwise, so I'm pretty sure they qualified at least one individual gymnast, but I'm still not sure whether the plural means that they qualified a full group or they can qualify a second individual gymnast.

43 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

In rhythmic gymnastics, qualified nations are:

Individual: :USA (2) :MEX (2) :BRA (2) :CAN (2) :COL (2) :ARG (2) :PUR (1) :VEN (1) :CUB (1) :CHI (1)

Groups: :MEX:USA:BRA and three other groups (complete results are nowhere to be found at the moment).

I believe :PER will also receive one quota in individual and maybe one for the group event as well.

:CAN:CUB & :VEN got the other spots in groups competition

5 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently a brazilian athlete broke the pan american record in bowling among women and men :woot:

If Canada and USA are confirmed qualifiers in the DR, that means Brazil can't qualify for Lima 2019. However, I am not sure on this one.

10 hours ago, intoronto said:

If Canada and USA are confirmed qualifiers in the DR, that means Brazil can't qualify for Lima 2019. However, I am not sure on this one.

I still think Brazil has one chance do qualify female athletes because they didn't participate at the South American Games. So they probably chose this and the "PABCON Champion of Champions" as qualifying competitions :mumble: