website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Unbelievable. I'm at loss for words. He was such a nice guy. May he rest in peace. 

Indeed. I will never forget the conversations we had in our group during Olympics. For some reason, I remember when he sent me a message at the first day of the Games saying there was no food at the Shooting venue where I was going to watch a final (he was there since the preliminary round). Seems like a silly memory, but shows how nice he was. The Rio 2016 days are even more bittersweet now.

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

It is with great sadness that I share the news that our dear friend Rodrigo Huk (@hukbrazil) has passed away at the age of 25.

As a young journalist, he worked for the website Surto Olímpico at the 2016 Rio Olympics, being one of the Totallympics members to attend those Games. An extremely humble and sensible guy, he was beloved and admired by the members of our brazilian sports group, leaving great memories for everyone who knew him. Huk will be greatly missed.

Reveal hidden contents

Before I post my thoughts on @hukbrazil do you happen to know what lead to his passing? It’s just so sudden, it’s hard to believe.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

It is with great sadness that I share the news that our dear friend Rodrigo Huk (@hukbrazil) has passed away at the age of 25.

As a young journalist, he worked for the website Surto Olímpico at the 2016 Rio Olympics, being one of the Totallympics members to attend those Games. An extremely humble and sensible guy, he was beloved and admired by the members of our brazilian sports group, leaving great memories for everyone who knew him. Huk will be greatly missed.

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t usually quote posts twice, but in the case I believe it’s acceptable. 

I struggle with loss. I’ve been very lucky to only have to deal with it a few times in my life. This is the first time, since I’ve been on the forum, that this community has lost a member in such a way. I’ll be completely honest when I say that unfortunately I never really got interact with @hukbrazil that much. It pains me to hear how loved he was by this community. The one, and really only memory, I have of @hukbrazil was our discussion on the Olympics video games. He had gotten the Tokyo 2020 and promised to give me a review. Unfortunately I never got his review, but I really hoped that he enjoyed the game as much as I have. As I said, I didn’t know him well, and it pains that I didn’t get to know him better. As a writer, one of the best things I can do for people is help them remember someone, so when our community is ready, I’d like to offer some ideas.

I’m starting to get too emotional to continue, so I’m going to finish hear. I’d just like to say that I’m here to support any users who need it. My DMs are always open, and I’ll always have time for the members of this community. I’d love to hear more stories about @hukbrazil if people are willing to share them.

“Sport has the power to change the world.” Based off of vini’s story it obviously changed huk’s or at least the world of those around him. “It [sport] has the power has the power to inspire.” Huk’s avatar clearly proves that he was inspired by sport. “Sport can create hope where there was once despair.” It was hard to think of a way to use this quote. I’d like to think that huk passed with a heart full sport. It’s obviously something that he loved, and something he wished to share with others. As a fellow journalist, I’d like to share one of my favorite publication mottos; “To see Life; to see the world.” Huk obviously saw life in his work as a journalist. It’s not something you do for money, it doesn’t often pay the bills, it does however allow us lucky few to tell stories, to bring people to the bigger picture, and to often connect various groups of people.

O Que Está Morto Pode Nunca Morrer!

Huk will live on through sport in this community. He will be remembered as kind, humble, and welcoming by those he interacted with. 

Descanse Fácil Agora Totallympian, May we one day meet to play handball in the stars.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Reveal hidden contents

May he rest in peace

What a sad news. He probably isn't the first person who posted on Totallympics to pass away in these 8 years, but he is the first we acknowledge the death and it is very sad. I wish all users who disappeared did so because they lost interest in sports and not because something happened to them.

hukbrazil will be missed, he was on Totallympics since the very first period and he never had any argument with any user in all these years. It is heart breaking to see he connected on Totallympics just last Thursday and he will not be able to do that anymore.