website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

53 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Honest question, Am I the only user born in the 21st Century.

No.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Was that an honest answer rudewoodu

Yes.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Again I create a topic here, again I need to explain my situation, and why have I been missing for so long. The matter was quite personal for me,, as just a few weeks after my grandmother has passed away from leukemia, my mother has also been diagnosed with cancer, and if that wasn’t enough, that was around the same time I’ve lost my first job. So I wasn’t in the best condition emotionally or physically, and I have had to quit school and other hobbies, including Totallympics. Luckily, the situation turned out not to be as bad, as cancer turned out to be curable, and she responds very well to chemotherapy, and thanks to that I’ve lately managed to set my life on the right path again, at least partially :)

Lately, everything is going quite good, so I’d like to return, especially after Sindo contacted me, and I want to repay for the days I missed. Still, for the first few days, i may not be very active, but I’ll do my best to help with the forum, and I’ll log in as often as I can. Hopefully, other things will resolve too, and I hope to have a good time on Totallympics again like I used to all those months ago

BTW wow, nearly 1000 notifications :yikes: it's nice to see Totallympics so busy while I was gone :champion:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

11 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Again I create a topic here, again I need to explain my situation, and why have I been missing for so long. The matter was quite personal for me,, as just a few weeks after my grandmother has passed away from leukemia, my mother has also been diagnosed with cancer, and if that wasn’t enough, that was around the same time I’ve lost my first job. So I wasn’t in the best condition emotionally or physically, and I have had to quit school and other hobbies, including Totallympics. Luckily, the situation turned out not to be as bad, as cancer turned out to be curable, and she responds very well to chemotherapy, and thanks to that I’ve lately managed to set my life on the right path again, at least partially :)

Lately, everything is going quite good, so I’d like to return, especially after Sindo contacted me, and I want to repay for the days I missed. Still, for the first few days, i may not be very active, but I’ll do my best to help with the forum, and I’ll log in as often as I can. Hopefully, other things will resolve too, and I hope to have a good time on Totallympics again like I used to all those months ago

I'm sorry about your mental state. Just know that if you find yourself in a hard sport again, there will always be somebody to help or talk to, rather it be me, another totallympian, another friend, a family member, etc. 

That’s great news about your mother by the way, I’ve known way to many people who have been effected by cancer.

Hope, to see you around the forum in the next few weeks 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I'm sorry about your mental state. Just know that if you find yourself in a hard sport again, there will always be somebody to help or talk to, rather it be me, another totallympian, another friend, a family member, etc. 

That’s great news about your mother by the way, I’ve known way to many people who have been effected by cancer.

Hope, to see you around the forum in the next few weeks 

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

• 4 weeks later...