website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

It might be early for the feedback. But I actually like this software better, definitely! The only thing I regret is the lost work. Guess that was the price (or in Sindo's case, additional one). At least we have already existing community and I believe we'll work it out this time too.

I think we can start posting results again, but not as a mandatory thing. I would like to have some place where I can check results from sports I do not follow, or are difficult to find. Or even from more popular sports like football, but from competitions which are not covered widely. Over the last few years, totallympics was my main source of information and results.But above all, I would like to keep discussion as s priority. 

39 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I think this one should be pretty fast. Maybe it get slower if you have many pages opened because as you can see if you have a new PM or a new notification you get it in real time.

You will be able to upload images from your PC when we will add the premium membership, so that only premium members can upload pictures and the forum won't get too heavy with too many pictures.

and what about the personnal album?

Results could return in a "lite version", don't using a heavy formatation like old Totallympics. It demands much time, especially on small continental tournaments and junior/cadet/u18/u20/etc... even copy-control from confederations websites should be allowed. Heavy formatation just on the main post and one or other more important, but not in all posts.

I'm in the minority that liked the old version better. I dislike these new versions that websites upgrade to with the large fonts, the large icons and so on. I like it much better when it is small and compact and i don't have to scroll forever. Having every sport on a single row makes it very long. I know you could hide the sections, but either way, when you want to search a particular sport you have to collapse to find it.  Also the design of the topics seem very bland to me. I wish i could change the background color for my account. That's just my taste after all, and i don't want to offend Sindo and all the work he has done to bring the site back up. 

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

i vote for the last version it was faster , this one is beautifull  but weight

we can't select/copy the posts and i can't uplaod images from my pc , i know that you will fixe the problems step by step .....

You can upload the images at a specific site for this (picasaweb, for example) and then simply copy and paste here. So you will be using a free server, and not overloading the Totallympics.

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

About no. 1, one of the aim should be to come back to cover results and statistics one day, just I think now we should focus on other things with Rio just 6 months away.

About no. 2, it's just a temporary decision to allow the discussion to start again, for sure we will have more threads in the future and not a single thread for each sport.

Main thing is that you as admin do not leave this idea. No matter which board is used, does it cover results or not, this forum should stay forever. As you can see, there is still main core of members here, they deserve a place like this.

I like the new Totallympics, even if it's not the best to post results. But there are a lot of things that are better than the old version, like the fact that we can see what new messages there have been on the topics since the last time we logged in.