website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

I am used to this Invison software from before, so actualy when I joined totallympics Discuzz format was new to me.

Also have to say, I loved being able to find results there but also there were maybe some unnecessary results posted as well so I think solution could be what Sindo has been talking about and that is posting results on a website maybe or on a special part of a forum. I think results need to be separated from discussion. Putting them in a spoiler is ok by me, on the previous forum there were just too many results and you had to scroll down like a maniac to skip them if you didn't want to read them.

Voted for "new" because it's just is more practical to post and discuss.

Edited by nenad

I voted for old Totallympics because of results - I think that it was the only web site in the world with all results in olympic sports in one place. I know that there was some problems with old software but posting all results is my main reason. Maybe I need some more time ti get used to this new forum.

1 hour ago, Danylove80 said:

I voted for the old version for 2 main reasons :

1- I am a lover of results and statistics , and the old one had everything I wanted

2- I do not like the decision not to have a specific thread for each event but only one general for each sport .

Getting used to this with these radical changes will be tough ... right now this forum does not give me that for which I have admired for so long that one site with all the results and the information of each sport

It's still early...

8 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i vote for the last version it was faster , this one is beautifull  but weight

we can't select/copy the posts and i can't uplaod images from my pc , i know that you will fixe the problems step by step .....

Faster? 
Personally I haven't had any of that kind of problem, which I did have from time to time on the old one.

2 hours ago, uk12points said:

I voted for the old version, only because I am more familiar with the old one and I liked all the threads and results that we had. I also prefer that you can see the recently active 30 threads rather than the smaller number you can see here.

Here there are 8 threads right now but I can edit that number anytime to whatever I want. Maybe we will grow the number to 10 or 15 in the future but right now there are not so many threads so I think 8 is enough.

Also there are 2 useful pages: Unread Content (a list of posts you have not read from your account in chronological order) and All Activity (a list of every single action that happens on the forum in real time)

1 hour ago, Danylove80 said:

I voted for the old version for 2 main reasons :

1- I am a lover of results and statistics , and the old one had everything I wanted

2- I do not like the decision not to have a specific thread for each event but only one general for each sport .

Getting used to this with these radical changes will be tough ... right now this forum does not give me that for which I have admired for so long that one site with all the results and the information of each sport

About no. 1, one of the aim should be to come back to cover results and statistics one day, just I think now we should focus on other things with Rio just 6 months away.

About no. 2, it's just a temporary decision to allow the discussion to start again, for sure we will have more threads in the future and not a single thread for each sport.

25 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i vote for the last version it was faster , this one is beautifull  but weight

we can't select/copy the posts and i can't uplaod images from my pc , i know that you will fixe the problems step by step .....

I think this one should be pretty fast. Maybe it get slower if you have many pages opened because as you can see if you have a new PM or a new notification you get it in real time.

You will be able to upload images from your PC when we will add the premium membership, so that only premium members can upload pictures and the forum won't get too heavy with too many pictures.