website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

il y a 1 minute, Sindo a déclaré:

I will try to explain you why I want things like this to be standardized.

I guess, I'll need to thank you for taking the time to explain to me your reasoning.

But boy, you really like to make your life a living hell, thinking about everything that could go wrong. If you let the users chose, I'll garantee you that almost every time everything will go smooth. For the 5% remaining, there will allways be you and/or the mods, and I'm pretty much certain it will take you less time to fix it than the time you've taken to post this message.

I don't accuse you to be a 'dictator' (quite the contrary actually*), I'm disapointed in the way you're running your forum trying to prevent problems before they appeared as:

a) It doesn't prevent problems ultimately

b) It puts you forum under anaesthetic

Every succesful forum works the other way around. They are letting users with a great amount of liberty, but rule with an iron hand in cases of stepping over.

It's exactly the same discussions we had about letting people making their own threads, making this forum their own, etc. You refuse to do so, because apparently you believe that we would start killing each others whereas there are thousands of exemple which proves that it is not necessarily the case.

* I, personnaly, shoud have been warned a couple of times for instance

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'll try, hopefully with some help from @Dennis :d  

Don't expect too much, mostly some Dutch news and stuff like that for starters (at least from me) :p 

We can try, though I have very limited time during the week. During the weekends I do have more time. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The forum will migrate into a more powerful serve in the afternoon of today. You might not be able to access Totallympics for some hours. Once the forum will be online again, you might have to empty your cache before you will be able to access Totallympics again, because the server of the forum will be a different one so for the first hours/days if you don't empty your cache you would still connect to the old server (which would either be not available at all or available but not synchronized with the new server).

7 hours ago, Sindo said:

The forum will migrate into a more powerful serve in the afternoon of today. You might not be able to access Totallympics for some hours. Once the forum will be online again, you might have to empty your cache before you will be able to access Totallympics again, because the server of the forum will be a different one so for the first hours/days if you don't empty your cache you would still connect to the old server (which would either be not available at all or available but not synchronized with the new server).

The migration has been completed, be careful because in the next hours some users might still connect to the old server and those posts will be lost. I suggest everyone to update the cache.

Posts written today and in the next hours might have been lost. It is like for some hours the forum is on two different servers and only one is the correct one, but I have really no idea who is on the right one and who is on the wrong one. Everything should be fixed by tomorrow, but note some of your today's posts might have been lost.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I don't know what thread to put this in but currently there are 415 guests online!!! :yikes:

I wonder how many of them are actual people :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!