website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 18 European Championships 2018

Werloc

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Where's @hckosice at? That 1500m. boys medal was probably a bit of a surprise for him :p

In fact no, we expected something just from him, He seems love the Gyor track as he won our only Athletics medal last year at the EYOF right there :d

The nice surprise is 4 quotas for the youth Olympics, this is really above any optimistic expectations :yes

If Patience had performed as expected yesterday, we might actually have been top of the medal table. Incredible! Plus Cian McPhilips could have done better in the 1500m but his shoe had another idea :d

Great times for our underage athletics it seems :)

Best results so far in my opinion:

On the men's side:

110 m hurdles

Hammer throw

Javelin throw

On the women's side:

3000 m

Hammer throw

Heptathlon

The biggest mystery so far for me has been GB in the sprints. Where are all their talents in the sprints? In many races they don't even have starters ... :mumble:

Germany is absolutely shocking in throwing events, but that clearly is a trend. Personally i prefer for example 3 medals in track events over 8 medals in throwing events, but most german people probably disagree. From a german perspective my highlights so far have been the silver for Marie Scheppan in women's 400 m (fastest time for a german U20 runner in this century for 17 yo Scheppan) and the gold for Leni Wildgrube in the pole vault who improved her PB by 6 cm. We might even see Scheppan at the senior european championships as part of the 4 x 400 m relay.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.