website statistics

Tennis Wimbledon 2018

rybak

Female players who won 3 different slams in the open era (without achieving the career grand slam):

Virginia Wade, Martina Hingis, Lindsay Davenport, Monica Seles, Hana Mandlikova, Evonne Goolagong Cawley, Justine Henin, Angelique Kerber

Female players who won Wimbledon, the US Open and the Australian Open, but not the French Open in the open era:

Virginia Wade, Martina Hingis, Lindsay Davenport, Angelique Kerber (On the mens side: Boris Becker, Arthur Ashe, Jimmy Connors, Pete Sampras, Stefan Edberg)

Female players who won the career grand slam in the open era:

Billie Jean King, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Steffi Graf, Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert (On the mens side: Andre Agassi, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal)

Kerber is just one French Open title away from becoming the 7th female player in the Open Era to win the career grand slam, something even Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Jennifer Capriati, Monica Seles, Lindsay Davenport, Venus Williams and Martina Hingis didn't accomplish. This would also make her only the 11th player (male or female) to accomplish this in the open era.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

Wtf is this?

By the looks of the score I'd say a final for which I'm not gonna be bothered to turn it on yet :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Anderson is such average player, i can't believe he will now be number 5 and that he has now played more GS finals than Del Potro. Only lucky draws can take him so far.

I agree 100%

I think it was hard to hope for something else after those two monster semi finals, but still, this is truly a poor way to end the tournament :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!