website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I removed all non-Olympic events that I could. For clarification weightlifting was left as is while in karate I only removed the lightest weightclass as I cannot combine the two heavier weightclasses.

Medals Lost (at least 10)

:INA - 45

:CHN - 43

:KOR - 36

:THA - 26

:TPE - 20

:IRI - 19

:IND - 18

:MAS - 18

:VIE - 16

:JPN - 13

:UZB - 12

:SGP - 12

:UAE - 11

:HKG - 10

:PHI - 10

Unsurprisingly Indonesia was hit the hardest, losing 45 medals, but still sitting in 11th on the medal table. Overall Southeast Asia took the hardest hit. Thailand lost half its medals and also dropped out of the top 10 and is sitting in 15th. Malaysia lost 18/20 medals. Bahrain and Kazakhstan have both moved into the top 10 (8th and 10th respectively). Japan despite being a distant second only lost 13 medals. North Korea is the only nation in the old top 10 to lose fewer than 10 medals (2 lost). The following nations which won medals no longer have any; Afghanistan, Cambodia, Unified Korea, Laos and Myanmar.

Top 10 (G-S-B)

1. :CHN 77-49-37

2. :JPN 36-36-57

3. :KOR 21-29-32

4. :PRK 11-7-7

5. :IRI 11-6-13

6. :IND 9-14-9

7. :TPE 8-11-8

8. :BRN 8-3-5

9. :UZB 6-11-9

10. :KAZ 6-9-23

nice analysis ..... would request you to do this at the end of the games ....it is a useful analysis .....In the total we seem to be at 5th 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

It’s interesting to see what each country is interested in at the Asian Games, when I search Asian Games in YouTube in different languages.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

lol Indonesia is only 6 gold medals behind South Korea :yikes: with more Pencak Silat medals and more help from the refs, why not !

since 1978 this is the first time in history that somebody else is threatening the big 3 in Asia.

and since 1998 we always had Korea in 2nd place and Japan in 3rd. this is apparently going to change this time

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

lol Indonesia is only 6 gold medals behind South Korea :yikes: with more Pencak Silat medals and more help from the refs, why not !

since 1978 this is the first time in history that somebody else is threatening the big 3 in Asia.

and since 1998 we always had Korea in 2nd place and Japan in 3rd. this is apparently going to change this time

Lol no.. Remeber Korea can still rake up gold

For each gold in silat, it means we lost gold somewhere else :lol:

seni 1st gold - soft tennis lost

seni 2nd gold - skateboarder lost

seni 3rd gold - another skateboarder lost

Paragliding also won't get gold this time