website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

3 hours ago, thepharoah said:

I saw countries like Thailand , Philippines their athletes covering their head and their coaches and i barely found muslims in these countries , but as long as u saw athletes not wearing it , looks like it's not the uniform of the sport 

Head covering is not compulsory.

Well actually the Thai athlete is from Southern Thailand which is the area with biggest Muslim population in Thailand. Same goes with Philippines...

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

They've taken him out with a strecher, but I think he should be alright. Fall didn't look bad at all for track cycling standards, so it could be just his lack of experience.

Maybe he's just too used to in a ugly concrete velodrome :d

But our men's cycling is just bad, unlike the women's

well another "fantastic job" by refs in Karate. Poursheib got robbed big time in semifinal. of course we know the rules in AG. "when you win 2 gold medals, you can't win more" they never let Iran win more than 2 gold medals in men's karate.

PS: Kuwait never did ANYTHING in international competition in Karate, but they always win gold in Asian Games. guess why :mad:

5 ore fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

I would imagine that the head covering is part of the uniform 

no, you can find videos of other competitions of Pencak Silat on YT and you can clearly see European women not covering their head/hair (did you know that the only gold medal of the 2017 world champs not going to South Eastern Asia went to Belgium -and to a girl with no Asian heritage at all? :d)...

it's only a matter of culture of those Countries competing at the AG (some of them are definitely not Muslims, but probably also in their culture women must somehow cover themselves when going to public places)...