website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

On 9/4/2018 at 23:31, Griff88 said:

I did that with my friend but a bit messy. I took off all most of the non-Olympic events but I left future featured events in 2020.

After removal of medals from what you described as stupid, we actually did quite well :evil:

I'm still surfing into the results and now I don't think you did quite well in term of gold medals. (I know winning medals in Gymnastics and Athletics are huge achievements and I also saw Indonesia became competitive in so many other sports but I'm only talking about gold medals)

out of 31 gold medals, only 6 of them had won in existing events ! the other 25 events had been added into the program only this time and most of them won't stay for the next edition. even though personally I value medals in sport climbing, even though we don't have speed relay even at the World Championships !

Pencak Silat (14), Sport Climbing (3), Paragliding (2), Jet Ski (1) = total 20 gold medals in new sports

1 in Taekwondo but in Poomsae

1 in Rowing but in Lightweight eight which is a new event and we don't have this in any other serious competition (and China didn't enter)

2 in Cycling MTB but in Downhill events which is a new events for AG and beside that from what I heard the organizers didn't let other Cyclists even see the course while host cyclists were training on it.

1 in sepaktakraw but in Quad which is a new event and beside that Indonesia twisted the rules. forcing countries to enter in 2 out of 4 events (instead of 2 out of 3) and they finally found an event where top teams Thailand, Malaysia and even Korea didn't enter.

also there is no credit for your gold medal in Karate, that was blatant cheating.

your gold medals came from Badminton (2), Wushu (1), Weightlifting (1) and Tennis (1).

my point is, if another country was hosting the Games, Indonesia could not win more than 4-5 gold medals. huge difference between 5 and 31 ! I just hope it doesn't become a normal thing for the Asian Games to let the host win much more than what it normally deserves. we never had such a thing in recent years in this scale. even Qatar (which has no shame in cheating) tried to buy athletes instead of adding sports to win some medals back in 2006, they only added equestrian endurance with 2 medals available.

• 3 months later...

I was checking some Asian Games results and I found something very weird and of course interesting. there is a guy from Sri Lanka who represented his country in 3 different sports in the Asian Games and by different I mean really different ! :yikes: his name is Mahamadaachchi Sajeev De Silva (born 11 Dec 1991)

first he participated in Rowing at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou. last year he tried his chance in Cross-Country Skiing in Sapporo and this year he was participating in Archery in Jakarta ! I wonder what will be his next sport ? Judo or Modern pentathlon maybe :d

PS: I did my homework. he is surely the same person.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I was checking some Asian Games results and I found something very weird and of course interesting. there is a guy from Sri Lanka who represented his country in 3 different sports in the Asian Games and by different I mean really different ! :yikes: his name is Mahamadaachchi Sajeev De Silva (born 11 Dec 1991)

first he participated in Rowing at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou. last year he tried his chance in Cross-Country Skiing in Sapporo and this year he was participating in Archery in Jakarta ! I wonder what will be his next sport ? Judo or Modern pentathlon maybe :d

PS: I did my homework. he is surely the same person.

Shooting is my guess

https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/374-biathlon-2016-2017-discussion-thread/&do=findComment&comment=61730

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

speaking of doping, I recently found out an old news.

http://kurashtd.org/new.aspx?id=62

the Asian Games gold medalist in Kurash from Uzbekistan is now banned. still absolutely NOTHING from OCA about the medal reallocating. they didn't even write about such a thing in their website. I contacted Asian Kurash federation and they told me while they suspended the athlete, the rest is OCA business to withdraw the medal and hand it to the silver medalist or not (which was from Mongolia)

OCA is also quiet about the early disqualification of the Mongolian wrestler, (they reported that but nothing more) Kyrgyzstan was supposed to receive that gold medal but officially still nothing. :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

speaking of doping, I recently found out an old news.

http://kurashtd.org/new.aspx?id=62

the Asian Games gold medalist in Kurash from Uzbekistan is now banned. still absolutely NOTHING from OCA about the medal reallocating. they didn't even write about such a thing in their website. I contacted Asian Kurash federation and they told me while they suspended the athlete, the rest is OCA business to withdraw the medal and hand it to the silver medalist or not (which was from Mongolia)

OCA is also quiet about the early disqualification of the Mongolian wrestler, (they reported that but nothing more) Kyrgyzstan was supposed to receive that gold medal but officially still nothing. :facepalm:

In the other hand, Asian Paralympic Committee has reallocated some medals after two Uzbek athletes were disqualified for doping... They work faster and more responsive than OCA

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

In the other hand, Asian Paralympic Committee has reallocated some medals after two Uzbek athletes were disqualified for doping... They work faster and more responsive than OCA

actually reading that news from Asian Paralympic Committee was the reason I wrote this here. this is interesting OCA almost never publishes a complete list of failed drug tests, you have to find news about it here and there.:facepalm:

btw since Indonesia was the host by any chance, do you have more information about this ? at least how many positive cases we had ? I guess the answer is no but it didn't hurt asking. :d

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

actually reading that news from Asian Paralympic Committee was the reason I wrote this here. this is interesting OCA almost never publishes a complete list of failed drug tests, you have to find news about it here and there.:facepalm:

btw since Indonesia was the host by any chance, do you have more information about this ? at least how many positive cases we had ? I guess the answer is no but it didn't hurt asking. :d

Not even a chance :p

Unless it involves Indonesian athletes or we got reallocated medals, I think no one really cares in Indonesia