website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Thanks for making my ears bleed. AGAIN. :spank:

There's only one song that caught my ear, but I've not idea what it's called. I think it's the main song though. :p

They are all "main" songs, so to say. They released the album "Asian Games 2018: Energy of Asia" featuring 13 songs, and those are the ones played over and over again.

If you want to find out which one it is, here's the album. Warning: the first one is the ear-bleeding song you want to avoid. :p

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

Thanks for making my ears bleed. AGAIN. :spank:

There's only one song that caught my ear, but I've not idea what it's called. I think it's the main song though. :p

This? The main of main song :d

44 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Is anyone else a bit disappointed with Kazakhstan's performance? They are usually safely in the top 5, but they have been stuck with bronze medals, but even then their total medal haul is low. They still have boxing (though without their heavier weights they have been relatively struggling) and canoeing to try to move up the table.

I still have a feeling they will find their way into the 5th place. don't forget Sambo. they are supposed to win all 4 gold medals.

I think this is still very much possible for both Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan to surpass Iran in the medal table. I'm more surprised negatively by Thailand. they are also good in most of those weird sports Indonesia added into the program, out of 9 gold medals for Thailand. 4 of them are in new events (Poomsae, 2 in Paragliding and Jet Ski) and if you remove 3 gold medals in their sport sepaktakraw, they won only 2 gold medals in other sports ! shooting and taekwondo.

Guys am I the only one who thinks this medal chart is not important ........ I would really like to see an olymic medal event chart  for this games and a normal Asian program.....

I find too many of the introduced events vague 

Sambo

Kurash 

Jetski

pencak silat

parachuting 

Bridge 

jujitsu 

skateboarding

sports climbing - the huge number of events  

also events like downhill cycling, poomsae, , changing most of the rowing events to lightweight   in the program which in the way it is structured  allows the program to be non representational 

Also I found dropping of many of the standard events 

* team in shooting ( actually to be fair I think it must be removed ) 

* all heavy weights in boxing 

* removing the individual events in compound 

was removed 

I also find that too many medals are given in sports which are martial based ...... I think that reduces the adequate  representation of the sports in the program 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

Guys am I the only one who thinks this medal chart is not important ........ I would really like to see an olymic medal event chart  for this games and a normal Asian program.....

I removed all non-Olympic events that I could. For clarification weightlifting was left as is while in karate I only removed the lightest weightclass as I cannot combine the two heavier weightclasses.

Medals Lost (at least 10)

:INA - 45

:CHN - 43

:KOR - 36

:THA - 26

:TPE - 20

:IRI - 19

:IND - 18

:MAS - 18

:VIE - 16

:JPN - 13

:UZB - 12

:SGP - 12

:UAE - 11

:HKG - 10

:PHI - 10

Unsurprisingly Indonesia was hit the hardest, losing 45 medals, but still sitting in 11th on the medal table. Overall Southeast Asia took the hardest hit. Thailand lost half its medals and also dropped out of the top 10 and is sitting in 15th. Malaysia lost 18/20 medals. Bahrain and Kazakhstan have both moved into the top 10 (8th and 10th respectively). Japan despite being a distant second only lost 13 medals. North Korea is the only nation in the old top 10 to lose fewer than 10 medals (2 lost). The following nations which won medals no longer have any; Afghanistan, Cambodia, Unified Korea, Laos and Myanmar.

Top 10 (G-S-B)

1. :CHN 77-49-37

2. :JPN 36-36-57

3. :KOR 21-29-32

4. :PRK 11-7-7

5. :IRI 11-6-13

6. :IND 9-14-9

7. :TPE 8-11-8

8. :BRN 8-3-5

9. :UZB 6-11-9

10. :KAZ 6-9-23

Edited by JoshMartini007