website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

Adesso, MHSN ha scritto:

I know it's not part of the Olympic ranking. but the "Continental representation" part considered PanAm Games and European Games as the qualification but didn't say anything about Asia !? :mumble:

probably they're still trying to figure out what event they want to take into consideration...

maybe they would use next year's Asian Champs instead of these AGs (also Africa and Oceania don't have their continental event chosen)...:mumble:

You know, for all the host hi jinx by Indonesian the athletic level of the games has still been amazingly high, so as long as China doesn’t screw it up when they host, I can’t wait to watch it in 4 years again

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I can't believe we could win the gold in 3x3 basketball :wall: I never counted on them but after watching their games. I think they missed a golden chance in semifinal against China. they had the lead with 1 minute to go and instead of going for easy layups, they went for long range shots and missed it.

still good to win a bronze. didn't expect that. :yes

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

and he lost in repechage !  I still wonder how he beat Japan ! I know Japan is not completely dominating this the way they dominate Kata but still they are pretty strong and with AG rules limiting each country to 4 athletes per gender, they don't send a random guy !

btw since we are here. is AG a part of the Olympic qualification ? I think top 2 (or 3 can't remember) Asian athletes from the World Ranking based on AG results will qualify right ? even though Asian Games has no direct impact to the ranking.

He is half Japanese, and probably trains with the Japanese team (so probably knows  their weaknesses etc.) Just a guess though.

So at the end of the Men’s Decathlon, all of the athletes seem to have misplaced thier shirts and are posing for photos together to the delight of the crowd :clap::p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela