website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

while the skeet final is ongoing. Kuwait secured its first medal in Karate

and Kazakhstani athlete beat the great Indonesia which means our Sri Lanka friend will be alive in repechage. I don't know how good is this guy but beating Japan like this you must be good at some level.

Kuwait got their 1st medal, since their guy made it to the final of the men's -67kg in Karate, beating a man from Jordan who's ranked million places ahead of him in the WKF ranking...

@MHSN I just watched Mahdi Zadeh's final...

it's true that the Indonesian guy was gifted a lot of points for insignificant and not perfectly landed punches, but your guy is also to blame badly, because he didn't do almost anything to put the Indonesian under pressure in the first part of the bout, when the refs were not giving away points for free yet...and that's not expected from an experienced champion like Mahdi Zadeh...

p.s. imho, also the kick to the head that gave Mahdi 3 points towards the end and almost re-opened the match wasn't to be accepted, to be honest...it was a beautiful move, but he landed the kick not even close to his opponent's hair...

still, I'm surprised by the final result and upset because the home boy should not have won the match in any case...

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

Kuwait got their 1st medal, since their guy made it to the final of the men's -67kg in Karate, beating a man from Jordan who's ranked million places ahead of him in the WKF ranking...

@MHSN I just watched Mahdi Zadeh's final...

it's true that the Indonesian guy was gifted a lot of points for insignificant and not perfectly landed punches, but your guy is also to blame badly, because he didn't do almost anything to put the Indonesian under pressure in the first part of the bout, when the refs were not giving away points for free yet...and that's not expected from an experienced champion like Mahdi Zadeh...

p.s. imho, also the kick to the head that gave Mahdi 3 points towards the end and almost re-opened the match wasn't to be accepted, to be honest...it was a beautiful move, but he landed the kick not even close to his opponent's hair...

still, I'm surprised by the final result and upset because the home boy should not have won the match in any case...

of course he has to blame himself first. I think he probably underestimated his final opponent. he was celebrating too much after beating Saymatov in semifinal who was supposed to be his main rival. I also think he had to start better, I'm sure if he could score 1-2 at first things would be much easier for him.

from what I see the whole day the Video review accepted almost all challenges from Indonesian coach (not in this match but all Indonesian matches) they probably wanted to show they are "fair" with only few seconds left . I also think that 3 pts didn't land.

7 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

while the skeet final is ongoing. Kuwait secured its first medal in Karate

and Kazakhstani athlete beat the great Indonesia which means our Sri Lanka friend will be alive in repechage. I don't know how good is this guy but beating Japan like this you must be good at some level.

he's not even ranked...he has no records beyond 2015 (when he was 7th at the Asian Champs and lost in round #1 at the junior/cadet worlds)...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

he's not even ranked...he has no records beyond 2015 (when he was 7th at the Asian Champs and lost in round #1 at the junior/cadet worlds)...

and he lost in repechage !  I still wonder how he beat Japan ! I know Japan is not completely dominating this the way they dominate Kata but still they are pretty strong and with AG rules limiting each country to 4 athletes per gender, they don't send a random guy !

btw since we are here. is AG a part of the Olympic qualification ? I think top 2 (or 3 can't remember) Asian athletes from the World Ranking based on AG results will qualify right ? even though Asian Games has no direct impact to the ranking.

2 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

and he lost in repechage !  I still wonder how he beat Japan ! I know Japan is not completely dominating this the way they dominate Kata but still they are pretty strong and with AG rules limiting each country to 4 athletes per gender, they don't send a random guy !

btw since we are here. is AG a part of the Olympic qualification ? I think top 2 (or 3 can't remember) Asian athletes from the World Ranking based on AG results will qualify right ? even though Asian Games has no direct impact to the ranking.

I still have to figure out how the Continental quota work...but I'm pretty sure that these AG are not a qualification event by themselves (though the points accumulated should count for the Olympic Ranking)...:crazy:

here you can find the official qualification rules...take a read and let me know what's your opinion...

https://www.wkf.net/olympic-tokyo2020.php

meanwhile, Indonesia lost (to Malaysia) one of the Pencak Silat semifinals (men's 70 to 75kg class)...

and Iran won a Bronze in the women's 60 to 65 kg class (she lost to Vietnam)...

Laos also got to the final of the women's 55 to 60kg class, so  they get at least a silver medal...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I still have to figure out how the Continental quota work...but I'm pretty sure that these AG are not a qualification event by themselves (though the points accumulated should count for the Olympic Ranking)...:crazy:

here you can find the official qualification rules...take a read and let me know what's your opinion...

https://www.wkf.net/olympic-tokyo2020.php

I know it's not part of the Olympic ranking. but the "Continental representation" part considered PanAm Games and European Games as the qualification but didn't say anything about Asia !? :mumble: