website statistics

Fencing CPE American Championships 2018

phelps

At least, Mexico managed to get a medal. I was afraid we could end up without one.

@intoronto results are in, and these are the qualifiers for 2019 Pan Am Games:

Men's Epee: :USA  :VEN  :ARG  :BRA  :CUB  :MEX  :CAN  :PER + :COL John Edison RODRIGUEZ & :CHI Pablo NUÑEZ

Women's Sabre: :USA  :MEX  :VEN  :CAN  :ARG  :COL  :DOM  :PER + :CUB Aimara TABLADA PIMIENTA & :PAN Eileen GRENCH

22 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

At least, Mexico managed to get a medal. I was afraid we could end up without one.

@intoronto results are in, and these are the qualifiers for 2019 Pan Am Games:

Men's Epee: :USA  :VEN  :ARG  :BRA  :CUB  :MEX  :CAN  :PER + :COL John Edison RODRIGUEZ & :CHI Pablo NUÑEZ

Women's Sabre: :USA  :MEX  :VEN  :CAN  :ARG  :COL  :DOM  :PER + :CUB Aimara TABLADA PIMIENTA & :PAN Eileen GRENCH

Canada's epee team barely qualified. Don't think they will use the quota though because they won't send a team to the Worlds, but for all other events they will. 

Just now, intoronto said:

Canada's epee team barely qualified. Don't think they will use the quota though because they won't send a team to the Worlds, but for all other events they will. 

It breaks my heart that even if they managed to get the quota, their NOCS refuse to send the athletes :(

I really pray for Canada's Olympic Committee to reconsider and send their best (and biggest) delegation possible. Otherwise I think they could end outside top 5.

6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

It breaks my heart that even if they managed to get the quota, their NOCS refuse to send the athletes :(

I really pray for Canada's Olympic Committee to reconsider and send their best (and biggest) delegation possible. Otherwise I think they could end outside top 5.

They only budgeted for 420 athletes. Any additional will require the national federation to sponsor the athletes. I honestly think top 5 is out of possibility. Ridiculous because Canada would easily be top 3 with its best :'( 

4 ore fa, intoronto ha scritto:

@phelps Any idea on why the full team results for women's sabre is taking forever?

I guess they have troubles with official communications, since there's also no live scoring due to poor internet connection at the venue (which is the main indoor arena in Cuba, by the way)...:facepalm:

at least some info are available through the social networks in a reasonable time...

Women's Team Epee

Final Results:

Gold: United States

Silver: Canada

Bronze: Cuba

Semifinals:

USA b. Cuba 45-44

Canada b. Brazil 45-44

Bronze Medal Match:

Cuba b. Brazil 45-35

Gold Medal Match:

USA b. Canada 45-33

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Yesterday's competition:

http://fie.org/es/competitions/2018/803/results/rank

5 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

2019 Pan American games quotas

Men's Foil: :USA  :BRA  :CAN  :PUR  :ARG  :MEX  :COL  :PER + :CHI Gustavo ALARCON & :CUB Humberto AGUILERA LUIS

Women's Epée: :USA  :CAN  :CUB  :BRA  :ARG  :VEN  :MEX  :PER  + :DOM Violeta RAMIREZ PEGUERO & :CRC Karina DYNER VILLA

Second time Paraguay missed out on a quota by 1 spot. If Peru wasn't host nation, they likely would have qualified by now.

Men's Team Foil

Final Results:

Gold: United States

Silver: Brazil

Bronze: Canada

Semifinals:

USA b. Canada 45-20

Brazil b. Puerto Rico 45-33

Bronze Medal Match:

Canada b. Puerto Rico 45-37

Gold Medal Match:

USA b. Brazil 45-14

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Yesterday's competition:

http://fie.org/es/competitions/2018/806/results/rank

Edited by mrv86

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Second time Paraguay missed out on a quota by 1 spot. If Peru wasn't host nation, they likely would have qualified by now.

I wonder why, if they increased quotas in other sports, couldn't they add a couple more individual spots, given that fencing has seen some growing in the continent during the last 5 years.