Werloc

17 minutes ago, LDOG said:

:NED 2 - 4 :ARG 

:champion::ARG World Junior Women's Champions :ARG :champion:

2nd Title (1993, 2016)

Individual Awards

Best player: María José Granatto :ARG 

Best Goalkeeper: Aleisha Power :AUS

Top Scorer: Frederique Matla :NED (12 goals)

There is future for our Hockey, i really dont expect this title.

hace 4 minutos, konig said:

There is future for our Hockey, i really dont expect this title.

I predicted it many times here... I think I did in the argentina thread in my after-Rio prediction review :d I don't remember any junior team with so many good players.

5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I predicted it many times here... I think I did in the argentina thread in my after-Rio prediction review :d I don't remember any junior team with so many good players.

you know a lot more of Field Hockey than me, i really dont know nothing about this team and don expect to remember your prediction from months ago :p

Since 2014 World Cup Dutch girls didn't win anything - World League, European Champs, Champions Trophy, Olympics, now Junior World Cup. Almost all their top players resign from the national team (among them Paumen, van As, Hoog). It doesn't look good for Oranje.

8 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Since 2014 World Cup Dutch girls didn't win anything - World League, European Champs, Champions Trophy, Olympics, now Junior World Cup. Almost all their top players resign from the national team (among them Paumen, van As, Hoog). It doesn't look good for Oranje.

I would say two years without winning something (with only 1 actually big tournament in that time) isn't a reason to panic yet, there's a lot of talent as well :p

The next target is 2018 World Cup, there's plenty of time to get it going with preparation tournaments like the World League :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

:BEL 1 - 2 :IND 

:champion::IND World Junior Men's Champions :IND:champion:

2nd Title (2001, 2016)

Individual Awards

Best player: Enrique Gonzalez de Castejón :ESP 

U19 Up & Coming player: Timm Herzbruch :GER    

Best Goalkeeper: Loic van Doren :BEL

Top Scorer: Edward Horler :ENG (8 goals)

We are the Junior Champions :woohoo:

So many positives from Junior Hockey World Cup. We were equal to all the teams in fitness level and hence, instead of conceding late goals, we were able to score late goals. Also, unlike the senior team, the junior team was not reliant on PC for goals and large number of our goals were scored from open play. The way senior team mentored the junior squad was really amazing and the packed stadium bodes well. :fingers: for the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

The FIH have voted to increase the number of teams in the Hockey World Cup to 16 teams. The new format will be 4 pools of 4 teams each. The pool winners advance to the Quarter-Finals, the 2nd and 3rd placed teams will play crossover matches to determine the other 4 quarter-final places. The 4th placed teams in each pool will be eliminated. These changes will be in place for the 2018 World Cups.

I think it's a great decision to move it up to 16 teams.... the format can be tinkered with over time but thankfully we have at least 16 teams now at the World Cup for the first time since 2002 :yes

Edited by OlympicIRL